My first "BigRig" with I9-9900K and a 2080ti.

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

If you want a 9900K then get one of the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards. They have far better VRM's at the same price point.

Finally!
Honest to god, i would love buying a 3900X but i just can't justify the pricedifferense as i on avarage (not quite knowing what mobo is solid) go up about 230 dollars at least.

3 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

Finally!
Honest to god, i would love buying a 3900X but i just can't justify the pricedifferense as i on avarage (not quite knowing what mobo is solid) go up about 230 dollars at least.

Any of the Aorus boards are fine with that cpu.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Any of the Aorus boards are fine with that cpu.

Something like the Elite or pro x570?

21 minutes ago, brob said:

Ignore the AMD fanboys. There are times where the 3900X would be a better choice, but at the moment it isn't in gaming.

Kinda painting the rest of the thread with a broad brush there.  People also mentioned the 3700x since it's IPC is near on-par with the 9700k and if it weren't for the wonky price difference due to this specific country, there's a lot of valid comparison now thanks to the gaming improvements seen in the properly-conducted (non-crap bios) Ryzen 3rd gen reviews.  To try to proclaim that the 9900k never loses in any game to Ryzen 3rd gen is simply ignoring the real facts.  Are there times where the 9900k is 5% better at gaming than similar-tier AMD CPUs , yes of course, but sometimes they simply trade blows on the margin like two evenly-matched graphics cards that all just depend on things like the game engine or SW.

5 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Kinda painting the rest of the thread with a broad brush there.  People also mentioned the 3700x since it's IPC is near on-par with the 9700k and if it weren't for the wonky price difference due to this specific country, there's a lot of valid comparison now thanks to the gaming improvements seen in the properly-conducted (non-crap bios) Ryzen 3rd gen reviews.  To try to proclaim that the 9900k never loses in any game to Ryzen 3rd gen is simply ignoring the real facts.  Are there times where the 9900k is 5% better at gaming than similar-tier AMD CPUs , yes of course, but sometimes they simply trade blows on the margin like two evenly-matched graphics cards that all just depend on things like the game engine or SW.

Yeah norway is kind of fucked at times considering all the taxes they add to stuff one would want.

And my point is, if i save another month to afford a 3900X and it can do what i want for a long time ahead, i would rather buy that if it honestly all over beats out the I9. At the same time though, i would have to justify a few hundred here and there in dollars to my wife in the end.

6 minutes ago, chawbaka said:

The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards have the better VRM's at the same price point so they would be my goto for Intel.

The playing field is a bit more level on X570 as it seems all manufacturers have decent products. So you can pretty much go with any X570 board for a 3700X. The 3900X isn't worth considering for your needs as it doesn't give you any extra gaming horsepower. By the time you need a 12 core new cpu's will be out and we will probably be on a new AMD platform anyway.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards have the better VRM's at the same price point so they would be my goto for Intel.

The playing field is a bit more level on X570 as it seems all manufacturers have decent products. So you can pretty much go with any X570 board for a 3700X. The 3900X isn't worth considering for your needs as it doesn't give you any extra gaming horsepower.

Thank you!
I honestly think i would go for a 3900X to "future proof" it, as streaming is a part of the job for the i9 but hardly a daily gig and the 3900X does that quite a bit better.

Last question before i make a rash decision and purchase all this.
Will the PSU be adequate?
And will it be a better choice going for any other 2080ti card?