Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Abdallah Al Manmud

Overclocking i5 7600K

39 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

Lol. I don’t know 😅😅😅. But I’m getting up to 78 degrees. Is that normal for 4.6 GHz?

I get different answers but from most 78 is at least acceptable if not undesirable. I'd watch the temperature, stopping at incresing intervals under full load just to make sure. 

Tom's Hardware:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

This forum with exact same CPU:

Posted · Original PosterOP

So my pc specs are, i5 7600K, Msi Z270 A-Pro, CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L, Aorus 1080Ti oh and 16 Gig ram. Yesterday I truned on OC Genie. While playing GTA 5 the temp went to 69-71. And after some time it crashed and now blue screens are appearing constantly. Saw some YouTube videos on fixing the blue screen. One method worked but blue screen appeared again! So I wanna know if I do a new/clean windows install will it solve the blue screen problem? And is my cooler strong enough to handle 4.5-4.6 GHz OC? And also is the Z270 A Pro good enough for overclocking? Thanks in advance 

Hey mate, your cooler is fine, and 4.5 ins't much.

How is your termal paste? Have you changed that lately? Maybe you need.

And your case airflow?

Also, check windows bsod details... so you can see what's happening.

And, no... I dont think you need a format because of that.

If it's crashed then it's unstable, usually because not enough core voltage. What voltage are you getting when running stress test and in games?

31 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

And is my cooler strong enough to handle 4.5-4.6 GHz OC?

Sure, from what you're getting. It might be the worst of 240mm aio with a proper brand name, but 70C in games means you still have room.

32 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

And also is the Z270 A Pro good enough for overclocking?

good enough. It's hard to get a CPU too bad for just overclocking a quad core, though 3 phase design could lead to higher voltage needed to get the same setting compared to a better board with more phases.

"What's under the heatsink?" ep1, "Why it's not as good as it seem?" AMD fanboy edition out, episode 2 "Why my gaming board is a scam?" Intel fanboy edition coming soon (this is a link)

Hardware specs below

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.4?V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 hour ago, Tiago8v said:

Hey mate, your cooler is fine, and 4.5 ins't much.

How is your termal paste? Have you changed that lately? Maybe you need.

And your case airflow?

Also, check windows bsod details... so you can see what's happening.

And, no... I dont think you need a format because of that.

I mounted the Cooler just yesterday. It’s new. My case is Cooler Master Pro 5 and PSU 650 watt

1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

If it's crashed then it's unstable, usually because not enough core voltage. What voltage are you getting when running stress test and in games?

Sure, from what you're getting. It might be the worst of 240mm aio with a proper brand name, but 70C in games means you still have room.

good enough. It's hard to get a CPU too bad for just overclocking a quad core, though 3 phase design could lead to higher voltage needed to get the same setting compared to a better board with more phases.

I haven’t stress tested yet. Before I could do that PC crashed. And I haven’t manually OCed yet. It was only OC genie from MSI. That’s 4.2 GHz. The boost clock of i5

2 hours ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

I mounted the Cooler just yesterday. It’s new. My case is Cooler Master Pro 5 and PSU 650 watt

Hmmm, right.

Did you connect the aio pump in the right spot? Does your board have the aio_pump pins?

Hmmm, right.

Did you connect the aio pump in the right spot? Does your board have the aio_pump pins?

NO there is no Pump pin! My cooler is MasterLiquid ML240L 

2 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

NO there is no Pump pin! My cooler is MasterLiquid ML240L 

I have the same cooler. You have the 3pin conector from the pump, right? Then you have the 4pin splitter... -.-
If you dont have the aio_pump on your motherboard, you should connect the pump directly to the psu, since the pump should always run full voltage, otherwise you could be damaging the pump.

Where did you have the pump connected?

50 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

I have the same cooler. You have the 3pin conector from the pump, right? Then you have the 4pin splitter... -.-
If you dont have the aio_pump on your motherboard, you should connect the pump directly to the psu, since the pump should always run full voltage, otherwise you could be damaging the pump.

I assembled everything myself watching YouTube! Please help me out. The Blue Screen keeps appearing 

8 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

I assembled everything myself watching YouTube! Please help me out. The Blue Screen keeps appearing 

Where is the pump? Does it come with the cooler?

15 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

I plugged it it CPU Fan

16 hours ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

What does the bsod says? Can you take a photo or something of it?

Where is the pump? Does it come with the cooler?

The pump is the rounded thing that you placed on top of the cpu... did you removed the plastic cover before placing it, right?

I plugged it it CPU Fan

thats wrong... you should connect it directly to the PSU, so it runs fullpower all the time, it's the way it works. The pump should be all full speed and then the radiator fans on the CPU_FAN.

Do you have anything to monitor the temps of your CPU?

22 minutes ago, Tiago8v said:

What does the bsod says? Can you take a photo or something of it?

The pump is the rounded thing that you placed on top of the cpu... did you removed the plastic cover before placing it, right?

thats wrong... you should connect it directly to the PSU, so it runs fullpower all the time, it's the way it works. The pump should be all full speed and then the radiator fans on the CPU_FAN.

Do you have anything to monitor the temps of your CPU?

After doing so many things the bsod is gone. Mainly it was voltage problem. OC Genie is unstable. I slowly increased and decreased voltage now Everything’s fine. I have OCed it to 4.6 with 1.280 volts the temps are between 60-70

2 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

After doing so many things the bsod is gone. Mainly it was voltage problem. OC Genie is unstable. I slowly increased and decreased voltage now Everything’s fine. I have OCed it to 4.6 with 1.280 volts the temps are between 60-70

Ok, thats good to ear... but you really should consider to change the pump to the psu.

If you don't belive me, try to "googling" about it... I bet that in less than 1m you will read about it.

4 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

Fortunately, everything worked out for you. There was a man from Toronto, here a few days ago, who used Intel software to OC his CPU rather than heed IT wisdom by doing it directly in BIOS, who no longer has a functional CPU and now is opting to buy a replacement motherboard with a replacement CPU. Good thing that didn't become you.

3 hours ago, Polargirl said:

Fortunately, everything worked out for you. There was a man from Toronto, here a few days ago, who used Intel software to OC his CPU rather than heed IT wisdom by doing it directly in BIOS, who no longer has a functional CPU and now is opting to buy a replacement motherboard with a replacement CPU. Good thing that didn't become you.

I’m also Ocing from bios! Is it bad? Is ocing from software is best? And one thing is that I don’t have BSOD now but all of my games keeps crashing within 8-10 minutes of playing. Do I need to increase the voltage or decrease the clock?

4 hours ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

Do I need to get any extra cable to plug it in PSU? It has 3 pin connector

I'm not too particularly knowledge on either OC or liquid cooling systems nor am I sure what specifically you are referring to that has a 3 pin connector. 

Whatever it is that requires one, your PSU obviously has to accommodate. This is very easy if the PSU is modular or semi-modular. You just get a cable like you asked. If not, then either your PSU has one or doesn't and you need another PSU. Just make sure your PSU is rated to handle the total system power load.

4 hours ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

I’m also Ocing from bios! Is it bad? Is ocing from software is best? And one thing is that I don’t have BSOD now but all of my games keeps crashing within 8-10 minutes of playing. Do I need to increase the voltage or decrease the clock?

Quite the opposite. OCing from BIOS is best and the only way you should be doing it.

I don't know what voltage works best for your specific CPU/motherboard combo or what clock speed it can handle. I'd be very reluctant to give out that information even if I did since I wouldn't want to be blamed for destroying someone's CPU. I'd reccommend dedicated overclockers websites for that.

18 minutes ago, Polargirl said:

Quite the opposite. OCing from BIOS is best and the only way you should be doing it.

I don't know what voltage works best for your specific CPU/motherboard combo or what clock speed it can handle. I'd be very reluctant to give out that information even if I did since I wouldn't want to be blamed for destroying someone's CPU. I'd reccommend dedicated overclockers websites for that.

Before I used 1.280 for 4.6 and every game crashed. But now I increased it to 1.310 and nothing crashed so far

28 minutes ago, Polargirl said:

I'm not too particularly knowledge on either OC or liquid cooling systems nor am I sure what specifically you are referring to that has a 3 pin connector. 

Whatever it is that requires one, your PSU obviously has to accommodate. This is very easy if the PSU is modular or semi-modular. You just get a cable like you asked. If not, then either your PSU has one or doesn't and you need another PSU. Just make sure your PSU is rated to handle the total system power load.

It’s semi modular. And I connected the 3 pin connector to motherboard where it says pump fan.

I'm glad everything is working for you. Hopefully, it stays that way and you are finished with this problem. There are always dedicated OC forums if you ever need specific help on that.

10 hours ago, Polargirl said:

I'm glad everything is working for you. Hopefully, it stays that way and you are finished with this problem. There are always dedicated OC forums if you ever need specific help on that.

Lol. I don’t know 😅😅😅. But I’m getting up to 78 degrees. Is that normal for 4.6 GHz?

39 minutes ago, Abdallah Al Manmud said:

I get different answers but from most 78 is at least acceptable if not undesirable. I'd watch the temperature, stopping at incresing intervals under full load just to make sure. 

Tom's Hardware:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

This forum with exact same CPU: