Nintendo switch lite or nintendo 2ds x2?

Straussy

What a stupid idea, what is the real point of the light, might aswell bring back the DS.

"whats the point of wii? Might aswell bring back the nintendo 64"

You see why now?

While I am a fan of both the 3DS line of consoles (including the 2DS) and Switch-consoles, I can see they are quite different devices with a different variety of games.

So if you don't see the point in the Switch, it's likely because the games on it do not interest you much.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

"whats the point of wii? Might aswell bring back the nintendo 64"

You see why now?

I really dont since the wii had completely different remotes, where as in this situation they have just removed 2 of the best features of the switch which makes it closer to a 2ds

13 hours ago, Minibois said:

While I am a fan of both the 3DS line of consoles (including the 2DS) and Switch-consoles, I can see they are quite different devices with a different variety of games.

So if you don't see the point in the Switch, it's likely because the games on it do not interest you much.

I was sad to hear the DS wasnt being made anymore aswell. The switch lite is i believe a more powerful machine but is basically just a 2ds with one screen

12 hours ago, Straussy said:

I really dont since the wii had completely different remotes, where as in this situation they have just removed 2 of the best features of the switch which makes it closer to a 2ds

The switch has very different remotes from the 2DS. 

And the new switch is that but in a less likely to break package. 

I can also draw comparison between the gamecube and the 64. 

Also they run of the popular formfactor and brand name of the switch

The point of the Switch Lite is it's a more easily portable handheld you buy for your kids for $100 less. Just because you're not the target market doesn't mean it's a bad product. It replaces the New 3DS XL in the ~$200 price range. I was honestly expecting $250 for this system. At $200 it's a really good deal IMO.

I'm sure there's some who would be fine with a handheld only version but I play mine almost exclusively docked.  My gaming time is usually at home in the comfort of my house.  I'll take using the pro controller, feet up, and nice big tv screen instead of playing handheld.