Case fans doesn't stop after shutdown

Steff34

Hello..this is my 1st threas on this forum..so please if anyone can help with some tips,please do it! So..I upgrade my PC..new gpu,it is an gtx 1070 ti,new case with 4 fans,new cooler for cpu, new power supply 730w it is an xilence,pay for it 60 bucks,new mobo,which is an gigabyte z270p-d3,with an i7 7700 that I have from my old PC,I said old,but is not that old,I have for 15 months,and 2x8 gb of ram at 2400 ghz! So far so good,I assemble the pc and everything runs ok,good temps,very nice,BUT it's issue is next: all the fans,which are 4 at number,I connected with molex and put it directly on power supply. So,when I turn off the pc and shutdown it,those 4 fans from the case is not turn off...remains on,but the cooler fan from cpu and the logo from the gpu are turning off...only the LED remain on,but I think that is ok! 

What should I do to make it runs properly,in order when I shutdown the PC to turn the fans off like it should? Thank u!

8 hours ago, Steff34 said:

Hello..this is my 1st threas on this forum..so please if anyone can help with some tips,please do it! So..I upgrade my PC..new gpu,it is an gtx 1070 ti,new case with 4 fans,new cooler for cpu, new power supply 730w it is an xilence,pay for it 60 bucks,new mobo,which is an gigabyte z270p-d3,with an i7 7700 that I have from my old PC,I said old,but is not that old,I have for 15 months,and 2x8 gb of ram at 2400 ghz! So far so good,I assemble the pc and everything runs ok,good temps,very nice,BUT it's issue is next: all the fans,which are 4 at number,I connected with molex and put it directly on power supply. So,when I turn off the pc and shutdown it,those 4 fans from the case is not turn off...remains on,but the cooler fan from cpu and the logo from the gpu are turning off...only the LED remain on,but I think that is ok! 

What should I do to make it runs properly,in order when I shutdown the PC to turn the fans off like it should? Thank u!

Welcome to the forum!

About your question; maybe try connecting your fans to the fan headers on your motherboard? Then you should be able to create fan curves as well.

8 hours ago, Steff34 said:

all the fans,which are 4 at number,I connected with molex and put it directly on power supply. So,when I turn off the pc and shutdown it,those 4 fans from the case is not turn off...remains on,but the cooler fan from cpu and the logo from the gpu are turning off...only the LED remain on,but I think that is ok! 

You would need to get a Molex (male) to 3 pin fan (female) adapter, like the one shown below.

image.png.e513e146f8fb0fc1c754fc0f290a6436.png

This way, you can plug your fans into your motherboard so when the motherboard turns off, the fans will also turn off.

Your PSU is always "on" so long as the on/off switch on the back is "on", so that is why your fans continue to spin when plugged into the PSU. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thank you for your answer...so basically I have to put the molex in this adaptor then plugged in the motherboard..I understand right?

1 hour ago, Steff34 said:

Thank you for your answer...so basically I have to put the molex in this adaptor then plugged in the motherboard..I understand right?

Correct.

You might need multiple adapters though, and I would also try to use more than one of your motherboards fan header (there are usually two or three of them), because putting too many fans on one motherboard fan header could use too much power and damage your motherboard, fans, or both. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

i will try this,but 1st i need to find those in a store!! i have a friend that knows this kind of things better then me,so..i ll ask him!! anyway at the store i will show them the picture of the adaptor! can you tell me more specific what adaptors i need with pictures,please! if it heps,i have an gigabyte z270p-d3 motherboard and an xilence psu with 730 watts!!!

21 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Your PSU is always "on" so long as the on/off switch on the back is "on", so that is why your fans continue to spin when plugged into the PSU. 

Umm that does not sound right at all. it should not be pushing out volts when the system is off. Something is wrong here.