Manjaro login problem

Go to solution Solved by Oalei,
13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I can't know if I don't see the message. Maybe try again and film it so you can freeze frame on the error.

You know what fuck it, it's always been like that before anyway and have no problems. It's unmounting something, I'm tired already missed it too many times. 

Just now, Oalei said:

I'm gonna run steam maybe it will give some hint.

It won't.

This seems like the result of a botched update - maybe if I had access to your laptop I could eventually find what went wrong and fix it but doing that through posts on the forum is impossible. At this point I think you need to reinstall.

Before you do that you can try asking on /r/manjaro or the manjaro forum to see if anyone has had the same problem and knows of a simple solution.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

36 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It won't.

This seems like the result of a botched update - maybe if I had access to your laptop I could eventually find what went wrong and fix it but doing that through posts on the forum is impossible. At this point I think you need to reinstall.

Before you do that you can try asking on /r/manjaro or the manjaro forum to see if anyone has had the same problem and knows of a simple solution.

I don't want to re download everything my Inyernet is already some slow that I hate it. 

I can't do it on my phone, maybe reddit with the help of vpn. 

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

@Sauron @SafyreLyons-5LT what the hell is a grub rescue mode? I just want to re install. 

uhhh you're gonna have to give me some context on that

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

uhhh you're gonna have to give me some context on that

IDK what context you need or I can give, It just I booted from USB flash drive and this happened 

1562926270608-1500006149.jpg

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

IDK what context you need or I can give, It just I booted from USB flash drive and this happened

That's already some context.

Looks like your flash drive is corrupted, you'll have to rewrite it (and check that it's not dead).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's already some context.

Looks like your flash drive is corrupted, you'll have to rewrite it (and check that it's not dead).

It got grub incompatibility maybe, like it said in warning. Well what can I do download another flasher other than Rufus? 

Edited by Oalei

Just now, Oalei said:

It got grub incompatibility maybe, like it said in warning.

The error says nothing about incompatibility. It says it can't recognize the file system, which in this case means it's corrupted.

4 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well what can I do not download another flasher other than Rufus?

Rufus should be fine, other than that you can use win32 disk imager. Check the md5 sum of your image to make sure it was downloaded correctly before you write it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The error says nothing about incompatibility. It says it can't recognize the file system, which in this case means it's corrupted.

Rufus should be fine, other than that you can use win32 disk imager. Check the md5 sum of your image to make sure it was downloaded correctly before you write it.

Yeah I change it from image to dd just like what Rufus said if I had some problem with booting choose dd instead of image.

@Sauron hey Ehmmm how do you correct the wrong installation, something failed in my installation. It was too fast I can't see it in detail  or take a picture 

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

@Sauron hey Ehmmm how do you correct the wrong installation, something failed in my installation. It was too fast I can't see it in detail  or take a picture 

I can't know if I don't see the message. Maybe try again and film it so you can freeze frame on the error.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

OK wait a sec 

13 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You know what fuck it, it's always been like that before anyway and have no problems. It's unmounting something, I'm tired already missed it too many times. 

1. Go to friends house and get new iso

2. Flash to usb

3. attempt reinstall

4. if error give us a pic.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

2 hours ago, will4623 said:

1. Go to friends house and get new iso

2. Flash to usb

3. attempt reinstall

4. if error give us a pic.

it happens on everything i installed on it, it always gives out errors and basically dont want to deal with it because it gives me no issue what so ever.

Run this plis:

sudo mkinitcpio -P

and take a picture and post here