Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flux Azreal

Xlight help

I don't know anything about Xlight, but if it's like any other FTP server it should allow you to enable anonymous read-only access so they don't need an account to download files.

Posted · Original PosterOP

What can i do so any random user can download files using Xlight? withought the need to login. image.png.22764d97e4759908d5dbc4d943e122b8.png

my goal is to make direct links but when i try to itll prompt me to login which i dont want

I would look at switching to nextcloud, FTP can be a bit of a nightmare honestly. Nextcloud will allow you to create share-able links, both with and without passwords.

I don't know anything about Xlight, but if it's like any other FTP server it should allow you to enable anonymous read-only access so they don't need an account to download files.

All aboard the Floatplane!

Gaming PC: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | AMD Wraith Stealth | ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | G.Skill Flare X 32GB (16GBx2) | NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB FE | Fractal Design Node 202 | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD

Streaming PC: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | AMD Wraith Stealth | ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac | G.Skill Aegis X 8GB (4GBx2) | ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 | Fractal Design Node 202 | Mushkin Enhanced Source 500GB M.2 SSD

Daily Driver: ODroid H2 | Intel Celeron J4105 | G.SKILL Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) | HardKernel Type 2 Case | Intel SSD 600p 128GB NVMe SSD

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, Mikensan said:

I would look at switching to nextcloud, FTP can be a bit of a nightmare honestly. Nextcloud will allow you to create share-able links, both with and without passwords.

Which do you think is the best ftp server program? Or atleast the one you use. Thanks.