Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cactopos

In need of help refining the pc im planning

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

I hope to get input on my choices for this pc, What should i change and what should i keep? (no gpu as i don't have enough funds for that atm and will continue using my gtx 960)

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock X470 Gaming-ITX/AC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @3200Mhz (2x 8GB)

PSU: Silverstone strider Titanium st80f-ti

Storage: 1x Seagate Barracude 4TB 3,5'',

1x Gigabyte M.2 PCIe SSD 512GB

Case: Fractal Define Nano S

Case fans: 2x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM, 

2x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm PWM

Edited by Cactopos
changed cpu and M.2
8 minutes ago, Cactopos said:

1x Kingston SSDNow A400 M.2 ssd 120GB

Given the prices of solid state storage, you can probably double the capacity for the same, or possibly even less, money.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Given the prices of solid state storage, you can probably double the capacity for the same, or possibly even less, money.

That too. Get 128gb if you're absolutely can't afford 256gb.

You can also strip down the case fans to 2 instead of 4, buy it later when you have more money.

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP
25 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

@Radium_Angel Well the only things i planned ot have on it is windows and other boot apps. while games and everything else will go in different partitions on the 4tb HDD

Edited by Cactopos
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Looks good, but i would recommend just going for the Ryzen 3600 instead of 2700.

@SupaKomputa what will this do to the preformance? (as i will mainly play games and surf the web will it inpact any of those?)

The 3rd generation have a better clockspeed and boost.

In games this is more beneficial than extra cores.

5 minutes ago, Cactopos said:

@Radium_Angel Well the only things i planned ot have on it is windows and other boot apps. while games and everything else will go in different partitions on the 4tb HDD

The price difference is just 10-30$ more. You can get that from the case fans.

6 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

The 3rd generation have a better clockspeed and boost.

In games this is more beneficial than extra cores.

The price difference is just 10-30$ more. You can get that from the case fans.

@SupaKomputa changed the cpu to a 3600, and upgraded the M.2 to a 512GB. other than that the pc should be good to go? im planning on getting an AMD rx 5700xt AIO card if one comes out but if not ill buy the refference model, (hence the amount of fans)

The case already came with 2 fans preinstalled, you don't need 4.

There's no space to put 2 other fans.

Fans are optional, get them if you need it.

Build the system first, if you're not satisfied with the cooling performance, then get a better one.

Usually case fans that came with the case is enough.

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

The case already came with 2 fans preinstalled, you don't need 4.

There's no space to put 2 other fans.

Fans are optional, get them if you need it.

Build the system first, if you're not satisfied with the cooling performance, then get a better one.

Usually case fans that came with the case is enough.

@SupaKomputa i know that, but i just really want a silent computing experience because my current system is a noisy mess of older fans and a aio with a noisy pump

Yeah, i still think you should build it first, then decide the fans later.

Beside if you're using AIO, you really don't need that much fans, as the AIO fans can help the circulation.

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah, i still think you should build it first, then decide the fans later.

Beside if you're using AIO, you really don't need that much fans, as the AIO fans can help the circulation.

@SupaKomputa oh im not using an aio on the cpu no way in hell im doing that again. but if a AMD rx 5700 xt card comes out with semi aio i would probably opt for that because in the case it's either that or blower style cards. as you can see in this picture. and as of now i don't have the funds to upgrade my GPU so ill use me gigabyte windforce gtx 960 for the time being. even thogh it will be pretty choked above the PSU

define nano s gpu.PNG

gigabyte gtx 960.jpg

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

So little room, why don't you get a bigger case.

@SupaKomputa because this 13kg giant brick is my current case and i want some drastic change.

(CM storm trooper)

15586422_3634.jpg

What country, what budget?

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List 3.0 | Don't buy the S12II/M12II | Avoid the EVGA G3 | EVGA BR/BT? no. noooo. | buy (almost) anything except focus

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | Sapphire AMD RX VEGA 64 | Define C TG -> NZXT H500 | Corsair CX550M -> Corsair Vengeance 650M Silver| Cooler Master Hyper 212 BLACK RGB

Pacific Spirit XT (CPU signed by Dennis!) (Planned)

Spoiler

Intel Core™ i7-4720HQ (Taobao Special) | Asus MAXIMUS VI Formula | 16GB Kingston Black DDR3-1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws IV DDR3-1600 | ASUS DirectCU II HD 7970 3GB | Define C TG | Corsair CX550M | Intel Stock Cooler

Laptop (Legion Y7000)

Spoiler

i5 8300H | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 1050 Ti | Power Brick

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

What country, what budget?

@LienusLateTips around 1000 usd without GPU, and Norway. but i have goten the components down to 850usd cuz ill use my old 600w PSU, and my 250GB SSD and 2x 1TB HDDS for now. so the build is pretty much complete but before i order i have to get in touch with the Motherboard retailer and ask if it has the newest BIOS update on the board so i can use the 3600 cpu.

https://www.asrock.com/news/index.asp?iD=4238 (the bios firmware needed for using the 3rd gen ryzen cpus with X470 and B450 from ASRock)