Do I have a Bottleneck???

MartinIAm
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

You'll be fine. The 1600 is a strong chip, if anything you're bottlenecking the 1600.

Currently I have a Ryzen 5 1600 clocked at 3.7ghz. I currently use a gtx 1050 ti and a gtx 750 ti to drive my 5 inputs. I am planning to get an rx 570 either 8gb or 6gb and put all my inputs on there. While I was testing my system I tried overclocking my cpu to 3.875 and I got better results in every test that I had done. Do I have a bottleneck with my current setup? Will I have a bottleneck with my rx?

You'll be fine. The 1600 is a strong chip, if anything you're bottlenecking the 1600.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Improving CPU performance doesn't always mean it's cutting off GPU performance. If you Upgrade to an RX 570, you will see a performance boost, and if you overclock your CPU, you will also get a performance boost, since they both have a job to do.

First things first though, what's your performance target? What is your ram configuration and clock speed?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Currently I have a Ryzen 5 1600 clocked at 3.7ghz. I currently use a gtx 1050 ti and a gtx 750 ti to drive my 5 inputs. I am planning to get an rx 570 either 8gb or 6gb and put all my inputs on there. While I was testing my system I tried overclocking my cpu to 3.875 and I got better results in every test that I had done. Do I have a bottleneck with my current setup? Will I have a bottleneck with my rx?

No bottleneck here..What's with the bottlenecking these days? Skip those bottlenecking predicting sites, they are rubbish.

9 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

While I was testing my system I tried overclocking my cpu to 3.875 and I got better results in every test that I had done. Do I have a bottleneck with my current setup? Will I have a bottleneck with my rx?

Getting better results due to an overclock is expected.

Technically, you'll always have a bottleneck somewhere in the system if your performance target is infinity. You sholdn't be asking "do I have a bottleneck?" You should be asking "am I getting the performance I want?"

3 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Improving CPU performance doesn't always mean it's cutting off GPU performance. If you Upgrade to an RX 570, you will see a performance boost, and if you overclock your CPU, you will also get a performance boost, since they both have a job to do.

First things first though, what's your performance target? What is your ram configuration and clock speed?

My ram is 8x2 with 2133mhz. My performance target is 60 fps 1080p with almost maxed out settings in games like gta 5, black ops 3, apex legends.

Just now, MartinIAm said:

My ram is 8x2 with 2133mhz. My performance target is 60 fps 1080p with almost maxed out settings in games like gta 5, black ops 3, apex legends.

Your ram speed is hurting CPU performance, Ryzen core to core speed is tied to memory bandwidth (all gaming performance improves with ram speed increase anyway, regardless of CPU) so you should attempt to overclock your ram as much as possible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

No bottleneck here..What's with the bottlenecking these days? Skip those bottlenecking predicting sites, they are rubbish.

They really are. I put my setup into one of those and it said that I have a big bottleneck. They should have a disclaimer telling everyone that it's 90% fake.

Just now, fasauceome said:

Your ram speed is hurting CPU performance, Ryzen core to core speed is tied to memory bandwidth (all gaming performance improves with ram speed increase anyway, regardless of CPU) so you should attempt to overclock your ram as much as possible.

I have never overclocked my ram, but I probably should get into it.

1 minute ago, MartinIAm said:

I have never overclocked my ram, but I probably should get into it.

it's not so hard, should be fun to learn how to do, and very practical. What motherboard you got?

Primary PC:

it's not so hard, should be fun to learn how to do, and very practical. What motherboard you got?

Gigabyte x470 ultra gaming

Just now, MartinIAm said:

Gigabyte x470 ultra gaming

you shouldn't have much trouble then.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

you shouldn't have much trouble then.

Should I keep overclocking till my memory is unstable?

6 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Should I keep overclocking till my memory is unstable?

same with any overclock, increase speed until it's not stable (ya hate to play a game with unstable hardware, given that a crash just takes you out of it.)

Primary PC:

same with any overclock, increase speed until it's not stable (ya hate to play a game with unstable hardware, given that a crash just takes you out of it.)

Should I worry about memory temps?

5 minutes ago, MartinIAm said:

Should I worry about memory temps?

ram temperature is really a non factor until you're doing an extreme overclock, like above 4000MHz.

Primary PC: