Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellrazor

Recommendation for new headset

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I am in the search for a new headset because the one that I have right now is bad. I searched around the internet to see the difference between the 3.5mm jack and the USB ones and as a result I found out that USB has better sound quality because it's "independent" from the quality of the sound card that the PC has and also the jack ones don't support 7.1 surround which I prefer having for CSGO. I did a search on my local stores to find a USB one. Mainly I am searching for a Razer one because both my keyboard and mouse are Razer I will only need one software to manage them, Synapse and if I buy a headset of another brand I will have to install their driver and this is going to be one more software running in the background and taking resources while gaming and etc. But the problem with the Razer ones around 50 euros that I found on my local stores are the Kraken which they are using jack. The cheapest I found with USB are the Electra but they don't have good reviews and the next one are the Tournament Edition but they cost 20-30 euros more. So to sum up, which is a headset you would recommend me? If you also recommend buying a jack one then no problem. I also read that Razer has a software that can offer virtual surround on a jack headset, correct me if I am wrong. If there aren't many good options for a USB one and I should go for the TE I can hardly give that 20 euros and buy it. But if you also recommend buying one from another brand then ok.

Thank you for your time and sorry for the long post.

10 minutes ago, GM173 said:

"Hello, I am in the search for a new headset because the one that I have right now is bad. I searched around the internet to see the difference between the 3.5mm jack and the USB ones and as a result I found out that USB has better sound quality because it's "independent" from the quality of the sound card that the PC has and also the jack ones don't support 7.1 surround which I prefer having for CSGO."

Hey!

This isn't all true.

USB ones do have their own independent audio chip built into them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're better by any means. The onboard sound of your PC is probably pretty stellar to begin with, so a 3.5mm/AUX headset isn't a bad idea. AND getting a headset with built in 7.1 is usually just crap, you'll hear your surroundings equally well on a 2.1 headset, if not better.

I fell for that surround sound garbage before, and I found myself turning it off for normal 2.1, it let me hear footsteps clearer and I could more easily locate them.

Do you need a mic?

If not I recommend getting proper headphones rather than a gaming headset.

Grab the kids gmr headsets way better than anything Razer can make at this price point. Also don't buy Razer headsets they don't know how to tune a headset especially for gaming.

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 1300x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiioe10k, fiio ubtr---> Tin hifi T3, Koss ksc 75,Blon 03

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40