1-2 Switch Switch - Nintendo Releases reasonably priced Nintendo Switch Lite

rcmaehl
3 hours ago, Commodus said:

I hope you never run a business, because you're guaranteed to run it into the ground with bad decisions.

The Switch is succeeding because it's accessible, flexible and... y'know, fun.  You can play it the way you like to play, whether it's handheld or on your TV; you don't have to spend a lot even for the 'full' Switch; and crucially, it has a killer game lineup.  Consoles shouldn't be just about spec sheets, and it's unfortunate that you don't understand that.

I think a huge reason why it is successful is because it doesn't try and be a mega performance console. If people wanted maximum performance they would just get a gaming PC. It is honestly the only console I have ever thought about getting because it is so different and there isn't really an alternative to it. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I think a huge reason why it is successful is because it doesn't try and be a mega performance console. If people wanted maximum performance they would just get a gaming PC. It is honestly the only console I have ever thought about getting because it is so different and there isn't really an alternative to it. 

It also has games that people want. You're not gonna be able to play Doom, Skyrim, Final Fantasy VII or LA Noire while laying down in bed on anything else.

"It's made for kids" is not a valid excuse for bad design.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Just like "I dont like it because it isn't build the way I want" is not a valid form of objective criticism. You can scream and kick about how its bad all day but you've provided nothing more than "BUT I DONT LIKE IT ?" as any kind of argument.

You're entitled to your subjective opinion obviously but don't be shocked when people ask you to back it up with some kind of objective reasoning beyond "it suck, LMFAO"

You could easily say this product doesn't align with my personal sense of value while still objectively understanding how it may appeal to a large portion of the demographic and having a basic understanding of what the objects limitations in performance/quality are and why they may exist.

I think it is hard to objectively say the Nintendo switch is bad console, where as, using your own reference we could easily objectively point out why the VITA was a failure. Show me a better mobile device for playing games and maybe theres a conversation to be had.

or you know SWITCH BAD, ME ANGER, POST COMMENT, STOP LIKE THING I DONT LIKE! ?

?‍♂️

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

19 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Is Nintendo holding you at gunpoint to buy the Switch Lite or something?

Its the Nintendo Switch XR

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

But seeing how its made for kids, is it actually a bad design for kids. ? Looks fine to me as a kids device.

59 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Individual disagrees with design not catered towards themself. More news at 6.

For real though, this isn't catered towards you. It's not a carbon fiber sleek styled device for a reason. It

It's a good design for its specified purpose.

There is no spoon.

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Precisely.  I don't get why some here insist that Nintendo's consoles should be PlayStation/Xbox clones, just with Mario as a main franchise instead of Uncharted or Gears.  Nintendo is succeeding in part because the Switch isn't just another living room console running a similar bunch of games.  It's competing on the experience, not the specs.

I'm reminded more than a little of the arguments against Apple, for that matter... the folks who wonder why Macs aren't just standard ATX towers and gaming laptops with a fruit logo on top.

7 hours ago, Drak3 said:

And?

Again, and?

The Switch itself is an inferior offering as a home console, physical design is worse than a stock Vita. Nintendo made too many compromises, and the only up side to this piece of shit is that it's portable.

I wouldn't call the Switch inferior. I'd even argue that it's better than the Vita you mentioned  It's known that most people just buy a Nintendo console as a side console for games that are only available on that platform. I understand that some people are going to be frustrated about some features that are missing in this iteration of the Switch as they're making it more handheld. I'm probably going to buy one myself if the reviews sound good and what not. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

Personally I love the new switch look. If I didn’t already have a regular switch I would buy it in an instant, fantastic value.

My only issue is the controller design, the Right Analogue Stick should be above the buttons for comfort while playing portably.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Seems really interesting to me, worried that the screen may be too small, especially for games like BoTW although I have no reference to make that call. Looking forward to what people have to say when it launches in September.

3 hours ago, Nowak said:

ITT: People whining about a console that isn't for them not being for them.

ITT: people accusing others of whining about a console that doesn't have a screen brightness adjustment, or an HDMI port. The lite lacks in features which shouldn't significantly affect the cost.

3 hours ago, Nowak said:

Consider: Kids who aren't big enough to hold the regular size Switch.

Thats what the dock and detachable joycons are for on the regular Switch.

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

ITT: people accusing others of whining about a console that doesn't have a screen brightness adjustment, or an HDMI port. The lite lacks in features which shouldn't significantly affect the cost.

That was misreported. The Switch Lite doesn't have an ambient light sensor, but you can still adjust the brightness manually through software.

53 minutes ago, _Sir said:

It's not a carbon fiber sleek styled device for a reason.

1: Don't care for carbon fiber

2: Don't care about sleekness.

My issue is that the Joy cons are the only controls that are any good on a technical level, but they're ergonomically shit , and ergonomically acceptable (best case scenario) controllers are crap. There are plenty of good games ported to the Switch that are a bad experience due to the controls.

And no, the "iT'S FoR KiDS" line of bullshit is not a valid excuse. Nintendo makes the console to target a very wide audience, including the core audience of Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Master Delta Chief said:

I wouldn't call the Switch inferior.

I would, because it is.

1 hour ago, Master Delta Chief said:

I'd even argue that it's better than the Vita you mentioned

I wouldn't. I'd only argue that the Switch has better games on paper. The controls take away from that heavily.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Nowak said:

That was misreported. The Switch Lite doesn't have an ambient light sensor, but you can still adjust the brightness manually through software.

Ah, ok that makes sense. The article kinda implied it only has fixed brightness.  I'm more disappointed that the Switch lite lacks HD rumble and motion controls, but as a cheaper handheld intended for kids its probably fine without those features.

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Ah, ok that makes sense. The article kinda implied it only has fixed brightness.  I'm more disappointed that the Switch lite lacks HD rumble and motion controls, but as a cheaper handheld intended for kids its probably fine without those features.

Yeah, and you can still connect separate Joy-Cons to it so it's probably a non-issue?

Although that makes playing Super Mario Party on it more expensive because you also have to account for the cost of Joy-Cons on top of a $60 game and a $200 Switch Lite.

10 hours ago, Drak3 said:

And?

Again, and?

The Switch itself is an inferior offering as a home console, physical design is worse than a stock Vita. Nintendo made too many compromises, and the only up side to this piece of shit is that it's portable.

Name 5 Vita exclusives that are worth my time.

Also, this console is designed to carry the legacy of both the Wii and 3ds line, and it's about as well executed as a first gen console could be imo. The 3ds alone would be a better choice in the Vita weight class (no contest though).

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

6 hours ago, ivan134 said:

All consoles are kids toys

Well if you're brave enough then anything's a di... Nevermind.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

7 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Wait.

So it's a Switch......that doesn't actually do Switch things?

Other names were considered, such as:

Nintendo Fuse

Nintendo Repeater

Nintendo Stuck-Closed Switch

Nintendo Short

Etc.

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

It's capitalism. You tend to the greatest audience. 

If you have a problem with that, kindly ------ off. 

Spoiler

It's Switch off. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers