[SOLVED]Get RTX 2080 Ti working on Windows Server 2016

Hi everyone

I'm an IT apprentice in Europe and have some problems with drivers for a GPU Server.

So here's a little Info that might be important:

The Server has 8 Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti's in it and will be used for password cracking.

I use Hashcat to crack passwords.

I've installed the OpenCL runtime for Xeon CPU's.

I've installed Windows Server 2016 64bit on the Server.

Hardware specs:

8x GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TURBO 11G

2x Intel Xeon  4110 Silver

supermicro x11dpg-ot-cpu Motherboard

And now my problem:

I want to use the computing power of the RTX 2080 Ti's to crack passwords and to do that, I'll need an Nvidia driver if I'm correct.

Problem is, I couldn't find a driver for RTX cards that lists Windows Server as a compatible Operating System.

I don't want to game on the machine, Hashcat just has to recognize the GPU's which is done with OpenCL. As I mentioned above, I've installed the OpenCL runtime for Xeon CPU's but that obviously doesn't include the GPU's.

Thanks in advance for every help I can get on here.

Regards

Johnny

Try the Windows 8.1 driver, 8.1 and Server 16 share the same WDDM version requirements iirc.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Try the Windows 8.1 driver, 8.1 and Server 16 share the same WDDM version requirements iirc.

Sadly the older driver wouldn't work for me.

But I installed Windows Server 2019, after that the newest Nvidia driver worked without a problem.