Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdubbs

Ryzen 3900x and Asus Prime X370 Pro

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Just in case anyone was wondering about 3 series mobos. 

 

With the newest BIOS installed this is working and all the testing is showing great performance. 

 

The average boost seems to be around 4.3 to 4.4 running around mid 60s in temps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bdubbs said:

Just in case anyone was wondering about 3 series mobos. 

 

With the newest BIOS installed this is working and all the testing is showing great performance. 

 

The average boost seems to be around 4.3 to 4.4 running around mid 60s in temps. 

X370-Pro has okay VRM's, but they will likely overheat during long CPU workloads


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

X370-Pro has shit VRM's, they will likely overheat during long CPU workloads

It has 6 Texas CSD87350, or half a Taichi...


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

It has 6 Texas CSD87350, or half a Taichi...

Yes but i've heard that it can't handle an overclocked 2700X


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Yes but i've heard that it can't handle an overclocked 2700X

the X470-Pro can't do it both because the IR3553 and heatsinks are downgrades from the X370-Pro. I guess the X370-Pro is just too good and Asus wants to sell more Strix-F boards.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

the X470-Pro can't do it both because the IR3553 and heatsinks are downgrades from the X370-Pro. I guess the X370-Pro is just too good and Asus wants to sell more Strix-F boards.

X370-Pro as well, lots of reports can be found here : https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1626011-my-experience-asus-prime-x370-pro.html

VRM's reaching 90+C on even 1st Gen CPU's which are relatively power efficient compared to 2nd Gen


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

X370-Pro as well, lots of reports can be found here : https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1626011-my-experience-asus-prime-x370-pro.html

VRM's reaching 90+C on even 1st Gen CPU's which are relatively power efficient compared to 2nd Gen

All the link shows is page 1, of people reporting the board not reading temperatures properly.I apologize but I'm not reading through over 900 pages of that to find VRM thermal overheating problem

 

Also Asus boards only report VRM temperature on their ROG lineup (not even all Strix boards). Unless you have a thermal probe of some sort to stuck at the back of the board where the hottest powerstage is with sticky thermal pad (so you dont change how the VRM heatsink work), you'll never know the actual VRM temperature.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I thought the X370 pro had the same VRMs as Strix???

 

Either way it works well and has decent clock speeds. Pretty happy to not buy another mobo (more happy to not have to install one). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jurrunio said:

Also Asus boards only report VRM temperature on their ROG lineup (not even all Strix boards).

Yes i'm aware, people seem to think X370 has VRM sensors, here are some examples:

Ryzen 1700

Quote

About the VRM temps:

In HWiNFO, Temperatures 3, 4, 5 and 6 are supposed to come from the VRM (or rather sensors on them).
But the read values remain far below the real ones.
While I was doing a stress test at 3,9 Ghz and 1.30625 V with LLC 5, the highest VRM temperature displayed by HWiNFO was 73°C but at the same time, I read more than 100°C on the back of the board with a IR thermometer, despite the board was between the area pointed by the thermometer and the VRM.

Now, I know the VRM real temperatures may be much higher than the displayed ones.


1800X

Quote

Some of us measured our VRM temps, I did from the back of the board with a thermal gun and even at LLC5 the temps didn't exceed 98c.


Unsure

Quote

When mine throttles the Temps 3-4-5-6 never read above 61ºc. I had it throttle with 57ºc once. Like I said before, this only happens when pushing IBT to the 32GB max memory. When limiting the test to 8GB it never throttles.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/8q4a3h/asus_x370_prime_pro_vrm_cooling/


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bdubbs said:

I thought the X370 pro had the same VRMs as Strix???

 

Either way it works well and has decent clock speeds. Pretty happy to not buy another mobo (more happy to not have to install one). 

40A powerstage versus 60A, so Strix is still 50% higher max rated (realistically you will max out at about 35-50% of VRM output due to heat)


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have a little question about Asus Prime Pro board.

 

@Jurrunio @_Syn_ What is the lowest AM4 CPU we can use on Prime X470-Pro to update the BIOS for new Ryzen?


SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

What is the lowest AM4 CPU we can use on Prime X470-Pro to update the BIOS for new Ryzen?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

 

A6-9xxx or A8-9xxx if you can find those
Athlon 200GE
X4-9xx if you can find them, but be aware there's X4-9xx for different sockets, for example X4-970 has an AM3 version and an AM4 version, so stupid..

Try to ask the store to update the BIOS for you, or borrow from a friend


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

 

@Jurrunio @_Syn_ What is the lowest AM4 CPU we can use on Prime X470-Pro to update the BIOS for new Ryzen?

Whatever AMD sends through their bootkit program? It's free and meant for updating BIOSes specifically.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_CPU/

 

A6-9xxx or A8-9xxx if you can find those
Athlon 200GE
X4-9xx if you can find them, but be aware there's X4-9xx for different sockets, for example X4-970 has an AM3 version and an AM4 version, so stupid..

Try to ask the store to update the BIOS for you, or borrow from a friend

Thanks for the list. I might try to grab one of them whichever I can find at lowest cost if I have to do that.

 

I absolutely try to ask any store wherever I will buy the board to update the BIOS.

 

10 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Whatever AMD sends through their bootkit program? It's free and meant for updating BIOSes specifically.

Wonder if this program applies at any local stores? That would be nice..


SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

Wonder if this program applies at any local stores? That would be nice..

no, that's AMD sending you a CPU from wherever they see fit.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

X370-Pro has okay VRM's, but they will likely overheat during long CPU workloads

OP has the board and the cpu and he is telling you is fine. Yet you tell him it's not. If you don't have this board and cpu you should not say such things. 

 

There is a tier list and a ryzen 3000 with a 4 board tier list. 

 

There are youtube videos that shows that a 3900x can run on a b350 board. The x370 is the same or better. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pannalicour said:

OP has the board and the cpu and he is telling you is fine. Yet you tell him it's not. If you don't have this board and cpu you should not say such things. 

 

There is a tier list and a ryzen 3000 with a 4 board tier list. 

 

There are youtube videos that shows that a 3900x can run on a b350 board. The x370 is the same or better. 

 

The new Ryzen parts are far more power efficient than the first gen parts.

 

For example, my TDP skyrockets to 130W-150W depending on load and my X370-F hums along without issues.

 

I really want the community really stress test the older boards to see what they can/can't handle.

 

Honestly, part of the allure of going Ryzen two years ago was to eventually upgrade to a high end Zen 3 chip next year to max out the platform.


Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

 

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pannalicour said:

There are youtube videos that shows that a 3900x can run on a b350 board. The x370 is the same or better.  

Yeah but the B350 Pro4 and B450 Pro4 (same VRM's) have been proven to punch way above their weight for some reason, I have no doubts that it can handle a 3900X, also having an X370 board doesn't mean you get better VRM's

I provided examples from other people who tested that board, it's up to him to believe that or not, i'm sure it will be fine during gaming or browsing, i'm only talking about when stressing all 12 cores for a long period of time


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied, otherwise you'd just be talking to yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bdubbs said:

Just in case anyone was wondering about 3 series mobos. 

 

With the newest BIOS installed this is working and all the testing is showing great performance. 

 

The average boost seems to be around 4.3 to 4.4 running around mid 60s in temps. 

Thanks for this man, i have the same board and the processor is on its way, was already thinking if i had to buy another board. As of today in the cpu compatibility they haven't updated that that the 3900x is compatible. I do modest gaming and modest video editing, I don't think I'll stress all 12 cores more than 10 mins on heavy load. Question, is it more recommended to allow the coreboost option enabled instead of a modest 4.0 OC fixed?     Also, wondering which was the previous processor  you had, was it the 2700x, do you see day and night difference others mention in the forums? thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, bdubbs said:

Just in case anyone was wondering about 3 series mobos. 

 

With the newest BIOS installed this is working and all the testing is showing great performance. 

 

The average boost seems to be around 4.3 to 4.4 running around mid 60s in temps. 

FYI to everyone, today Asus updated the compatibility list for this motherboard and it officially lists the 3900x as compatible after bios update 4801.   I've seen several reviews overall no matter the chipset and we have to be careful with the temps when Oc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 7/10/2019 at 6:35 PM, Rodoval507 said:

Thanks for this man, i have the same board and the processor is on its way, was already thinking if i had to buy another board. As of today in the cpu compatibility they haven't updated that that the 3900x is compatible. I do modest gaming and modest video editing, I don't think I'll stress all 12 cores more than 10 mins on heavy load. Question, is it more recommended to allow the coreboost option enabled instead of a modest 4.0 OC fixed?     Also, wondering which was the previous processor  you had, was it the 2700x, do you see day and night difference others mention in the forums? thanks.

It seems that the standard boost has been really good and people don't get much more out of overclocks. Under gaming loads my cores all run around 4.2 or 4.3. 

 

Coming from a 1700x i had overclocked to 3.8. Not night and day but def seems snapier. Which i think would be the case for any of the new gen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone have an update on this setup, the 3900x with the x370 prime pro? as soon at the 3900x come back in stock i want to pull the trigger on it, and later update my mobo and ram.  Currently have x370 prime pro with 1700 OCed at 4ghz static, on custom loop,  2700 ram, vega 64 on water also, same loop. Should I wait for the 16 core and upgrade mobo then also?

Link to post
Share on other sites

How did ya'll get the new Ryzen chips to work on your Asus x370 prime pro??? I updated everything (chipset, bios, windows, GPU driver with DDU, I mean everything including LAN and I constantly get Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error or random reboots with no warning. Worst part is that I can't play any video games because it won't boot video games. I can't run Furmark because it freezes two seconds in and crashes my computer. I have tried running RAM at stock 2133mHz as well as 3000mHz and nothing seems to work. My dual sticks of RAM are rated for 3200mHz they are Corsair LPX. I have tried under volting the CPU to see if there is too much power going to it causing issue but I can't seem to fix this. Can you list your settings or something cause this seems like a bios issue entirely

 

I run Windows 10 64bit latest update

Corsair LPX 3200mHZ 16,18,18,36

MSI GTX 1070 gamingX

Noctua NHD-14 so no overheating issues

3 SATA SSD's just for storage all Samsung Evo's

NVME Boot drive Samsung 960 Evo
Chipset updated from AMD directly as the one on Asus is an older version that does not run Ryzen

 

 

Oh and one more thing both the board in bios and CPU-Z recognize the CPU as a 3600x, but Ryzen Master says it is an unsupported processor. This is the second 3600x as I traded with a friend that has an X470 board to check if my CPU was bad so he game me his which works fine and took mine which also works fine on his system.

 

Any help would be very appreciated as my system is currently one big headache producing paperweight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 3:45 PM, Swimmerchild said:

How did ya'll get the new Ryzen chips to work on your Asus x370 prime pro??? I updated everything (chipset, bios, windows, GPU driver with DDU, I mean everything including LAN and I constantly get Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error or random reboots with no warning. Worst part is that I can't play any video games because it won't boot video games. I can't run Furmark because it freezes two seconds in and crashes my computer. I have tried running RAM at stock 2133mHz as well as 3000mHz and nothing seems to work. My dual sticks of RAM are rated for 3200mHz they are Corsair LPX. I have tried under volting the CPU to see if there is too much power going to it causing issue but I can't seem to fix this. Can you list your settings or something cause this seems like a bios issue entirely 

 

I run Windows 10 64bit latest update

Corsair LPX 3200mHZ 16,18,18,36

MSI GTX 1070 gamingX

Noctua NHD-14 so no overheating issues

3 SATA SSD's just for storage all Samsung Evo's 

NVME Boot drive Samsung 960 Evo
Chipset updated from AMD directly as the one on Asus is an older version that does not run Ryzen

 

 

Oh and one more thing both the board in bios and CPU-Z recognize the CPU as a 3600x, but Ryzen Master says it is an unsupported processor. This is the second 3600x as I traded with a friend that has an X470 board to check if my CPU was bad so he game me his which works fine and took mine which also works fine on his system.

 

Any help would be very appreciated as my system is currently one big headache producing paperweight.

what PSU?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×