Amazon UK shows higher amount in confirm page than basket [solved]

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

My guess :  Amazon.co.uk uses the UK's 20% VAT by default, but at checkout it recalculates using the Ireland's 23% VAT because you try to ship to Ireland address.

I get better prices as Romania has 19% VAT.

Address is a Irish address

Upload2.jpg

Upload.png

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Look at the GPU price and monitor in each picture

Is this normal?

(Currency converter not enabled at the moment.)

Thanks Ben 

(PS Sorry if this is in the wrong area)

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

2 minutes ago, Coby Wills said:

Yes the price is normal, ever since 2009 when the first bitcoin pc component miners started appearing all computer parts nearly tripled their original prices, making the GPUs and CPUs of today way over priced

??????????????????????????????????

I don't know whats occuring exactly but I just wanted you to know your address is on there.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

1 minute ago, Coby Wills said:

Yes the price is normal, ever since 2009 when the first bitcoin pc component miners started appearing all computer parts nearly tripled their original prices, making the GPUs and CPUs of today way over priced

I know the price but its just the amazon page has two prices one in the confirm page and the other in the basket. The price in the basket for the GPU is 556.93 but its 570.86 pound in the confirm page

1 minute ago, Coby Wills said:

So price changing when "taking off the shelve" and putting into basket is amazons bitcoin tax (or discount)?

"Do tell us more" :)

the bigger question is, why buy a 2070 thatsalmost  litterally being replaced right now by super variant

13 minutes ago, zlolslavez said:

??????????????????????????????????

I don't know whats occuring exactly but I just wanted you to know your address is on there.

Thanks fixed that now ?

11 minutes ago, Coby Wills said:

what do you mean my address

No he meant mine now covered with editing ?

My guess :  Amazon.co.uk uses the UK's 20% VAT by default, but at checkout it recalculates using the Ireland's 23% VAT because you try to ship to Ireland address.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

That must be it as amazon UK says the same prices as the basket if I set the address to a UK one ? thank you