1000 dollar gaming pc

Need a 1000 dollar gaming pc including the monitor(va/ips needed and 144hz) and I live in america

This should do the trick. I did try and fit in a Ryzen 5 3600, since it performs about the same as a 9400F in gaming and it has more threads, but it just wouldn't fit in at the price point. If you are okay with going about $60 over budget, then see the second build below which has the 3600. Also ignore the compatibility warning, as that specific MSI motherboard does allow you to flash the BIOS without a CPU.

Here's the build within budget:

And the build slightly out of budget if you can swing it:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.87 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($62.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Team - GX2 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($42.00 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: AOC - C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($179.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1012.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 15:48 EDT-0400

Here is everything you asked for. Sadly 12$ over budget. 

Wouldnt recommend going for a 9400f at all in the current nor past market.

I'd recommend the rx 5700 or 1660ti (If you go balls out on other stuff like case, RAM, mobo, etc...)  and a ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler (for a sub 1000$ PC.

Similar to what others have mentioned but here’s another option. (Slightly over budget) 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

16 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

did try and fit in a Ryzen 5 3600, since it performs about the same as a 9400F in gaming and it has more threads, but it just wouldn't fit in at the price point. 

Except it does fit........

Without any huge sacrifises. 

10 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Motherboard: MSI - B450M BAZOOKA V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.87 @ Amazon) 

I don't believe this board offers flashing BIOS without a CPU, though.

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Wouldnt recommend going for a 9400f at all in the current nor past market.

You know my thoughts on this :P It performs better than any 4 core 8 thread part in almost any workload, but especially gaming, making it better than the 7700K and the likes, plus it pulls excellent numbers. HOWEVER, finally with Ryzen 3000, I can say that the 3600 is the better option if the budget allows, where I could not say that of the 2000 or 1000 series.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Except it does fit........

Without any huge sacrifises. 

I gave him both options. You COULD drop down to the 5700, but that's a bigger performance drop than the difference between the 9400F and the 3600.

5 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

how about this with a 5700xt

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.93 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($43.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - SPEC-06 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($58.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $671.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 16:09 EDT-0400

That puts you pretty far over budget, at $1250, but yeah, if you can swing that, go for it. But change the PSU to either a CX. CXM, or TXM for a similar price.

3 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

I gave him both options. You COULD drop down to the 5700, but that's a bigger performance drop than the difference between the 9400F and the 3600.

You also avoid the non-ht trap, and get a decent case.

8 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

don't believe this board offers flashing BIOS without a CPU, though

Yep ove done goofed. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: OLOy - 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - GX2 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card  ($349.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.90 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1038.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 16:24 EDT-0400

Thanks for pointing out.

18 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

You know my thoughts on this :P It performs better than any 4 core 8 thread part in almost any workload, but especially gaming, making it better than the 7700K and the likes, plus it pulls excellent numbers

And you know my thoughts on the non-ht trap that is allready closing..... The 7700k is actually holding on better than 6c/6t CPUs.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

And you know my thoughts on the non-ht trap that is allready closing..... The 7700k is actually holding on better than 6c/6t CPUs.

Calling it a trap is an extreme exaggeration, though. 4c/8t CPUs are NOT holding on better as 6 core CPUs are able to do more work per cycle than 4 cores with multi-threading. That's exactly why the 9700K beats the 8700K in almost every workload, including gaming. Remember that with hyperthreading, which pretty much caps at 30% gains (but not in gaming loads), a 4 core part with it on is the equivalent of a 5.2 core CPU without it. At the end of the day, the 6 core part is going to be able to do more calculations than the 4 c 8 thread part.

18 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

That puts you pretty far over budget, at $1250, but yeah, if you can swing that, go for it. But change the PSU to either a CX. CXM, or TXM for a similar price.

Made a mistake meant to put a 3600

1 minute ago, Adsome2007 said:

Made a mistake meant to put a 3600

That would come to $1122. Better, but still quite a bit over. Again, though, if you are okay with that number, that's a fine build.

4 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

NOT holding on better as 6 core CPUs are able to do more work per cycle than 4 cores with multi-threading

Does depend on the game etc. But unlike the 9600k. The 7700k doesnt suffer that non-ht delta between average and 1% lows. 

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Calling it a trap is an extreme exaggeration

Not really for 4c/4t CPUs. And we know the 6c/6t are up next. So its indeed a trap to fall into. And we have been through this before. 

6 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

At the end of the day, the 6 core part is going to be able to do more calculations than the 4 c 8 thread part.

Sadly it doesnt have enough pipelines to avoid stuttering when the pipelines are full.

3 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Should I get a 5700xt or an rtx 2060 super

5700xt is the obvious choice there. 

Will there be any card besides blower card for the 5700xt because so far I have only seen blower style cards

8 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Not really for 4c/4t CPUs. And we know the 6c/6t are up next. So its indeed a trap to fall into. And we have been through this before. 

Yes, 4c/4t are showing SOME weakness, although largely still OK in a majority of games. And yes 6c/6t will be next, but again, WHEN? By your logic we could say that buying ANY CPU is a trap because one day their performance won't be good enough. Being a programmer myself, I can pretty confidently say that games in general will always be lightly threaded. There's a lot of logic that requires variables to be locked (which means that that specific chunk of logic MUST be single threaded, or multithreaded but the other threads will need to wait). Simulations can be ran on the extra threads, which is why big open world games tend to favor more threads nowadays, but traditional games will always suffer from being lightly threaded because of the nature of coding, something that most people don't grasp because they've never done coding.

Sadly it doesnt have enough pipelines to avoid stuttering when the pipelines are full.

That's not how it works. Yes, you have more pipelines, but those pipelines are only moving at a fraction of the speed they would if it were 1 thread per core. Imagine Disney World. You have a rollercoaster with 6 individual lines (one for each cart). Then you have another rollercoaster with 4 carts and 8 lines, and on that ride, they launch a second set of carts when the first one is 3/4 of the way through the track. The people waiting in one of the 6 lines are going to get into a cart faster, always. The people waiting in 8 lines for 4 carts have to alternate when they get into a cart, despite the fact that there are two sets of carts, and they move slower overall. That's exactly how it works. So yes, more people can fit into the 8 lines, but they aren't going anywhere fast!

Mathematically, the 4 cart roller-coaster with 8 lines is moving 5 people through the ride for each track completion (4 people make it through the entire track, and another 4 people make it 1/4 of the way through the track, making it an average of 5 people completing the track).

The 6 cart roller-coaster is simply moving 6 people for each track completion. 

Now convert all of this back to computing terms. The people are the data, the track is a CPU cycle, the carts are cores, and the lines are threads.

3 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Will there be any card besides blower card for the 5700xt because so far I have only seen blower style cards

Yes, soonish. Right now it's only blower, though.

7 minutes ago, Adsome2007 said:

Give it untill next months. New cards should come out by then.

5 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

That's exactly how it works. So yes, more people can fit into the 8 lines, but they aren't going anywhere fast!

But it goes slower but steadier and you avoid stuttering that happens when the pipelines are full and another task wants to go through. 

You know the value of this.

6 minutes ago, jerubedo said:

Yes, 4c/4t are showing SOME weakness, although largely still OK in a majority of games

If you count all older games yes. But we allready saw it last year with it starting to become a problem. This year is worse. People are allready complaining about it on the forums.

Lets just end it, because i wont get through to you even tho its very much an issue. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI - B450M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Team - MS30 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($43.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($42.00 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($58.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $664.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-09 17:02 EDT-0400

Do you need a copy of windows though because they cost around 100 dollars

But it goes slower but steadier and you avoid stuttering that happens when the pipelines are full and another task wants to go through. 

You know the value of this.

If a task wants to "get through" then it has to get in the back of the shortest line regardless, unless the task is time sensitive in which case an interrupt can be called to put that task through first. That isn't something you typically want to do, but it is done on occasion. So it's either get into one of the slower moving 8 lines, or into one of the faster moving 6 lines. And if the interrupt is called, which is the equivalent of cutting the line, then either would be just as fast.

That's exactly why 1% lows and 0.1% lows are generally better on the 6c/6t part compared to 4c/8t parts.

If you count all older games yes. But we allready saw it last year with it starting to become a problem. This year is worse. People are allready complaining about it on the forums.

Yes, I'm not denying that 4c/4t is becoming an issue. But 6c/6t is not, nor do I see it becoming an issue anytime soon. But I suppose we can agree to disagree on that point. It's all we can do since neither of us have a time machine or crystal ball lol.