Analog Or Usb?

amadino13

Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones since NCIX has some sales. I wouldn't be asking this question if I had no audio card but I have a Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard which people say has a pretty good audio card. I also know that if you get a USB headset, it doesn't matter if you have an audio card since the headset has it's own. I was looking at the Logitech G35. What do you people suggest? Should I get a USB or analog since my motherboard has a decent audio card?

CPU: i7 4790k @4.6GHz MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB 1600MHz FAN: NZXT Kraken X60 PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 HDD: 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB RAID 0 CASE: NZXT Switch 810 OS: Windows 10

I personally prefer analog, simply because you can use the headset for other applications. With USB you're limited to things with USB ports, whereas 3.5mm jacks are everywhere.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I am not really an audio expert or anything but I would prefer something which gives me higher quality. I guess I should have used the template provided in the sticky forum. I would only use the headphones on a PC for gaming mostly. I just want to know if the SupremeFX III sound card that comes with my motherboard will give me a better quality than using USB headphones. 

CPU: i7 4790k @4.6GHz MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB 1600MHz FAN: NZXT Kraken X60 PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 HDD: 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB RAID 0 CASE: NZXT Switch 810 OS: Windows 10

I am not really an audio expert or anything but I would prefer something which gives me higher quality. I guess I should have used the template provided in the sticky forum. I would only use the headphones on a PC for gaming mostly. I just want to know if the SupremeFX III sound card that comes with my motherboard will give me a better quality than using USB headphones. 

Yeah, I'm no audio expert either, i'd just prefer to have the option to use it on my phone if i'm in a pinch. But i'd imagine it'd give similar audio quality to mid range USB headsets.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

That would depend on the quality of the sound given by said USB headphones :)

Overall, I'd use the 3.5mm jacks over a USB. More universal use.

The sound card that comes with your motherboard will give reasonable performance, probably better than most USB headsets, but not necessarily all.

For example, Corsair Vengeance 2000s will give better sound quality than your integrated sound card.
Some cheap $50 headset will give worse, in general.

analog. you can use it on a wider variety of stuff and you can get yourself a proper sound card like one of the asus xonar line which will smash the usb version

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I have USB at the moment. Gamescom 780, They sound amazing. But they are the only headphones ive ever used that had surround sound. Everything else had been very low end stuff. 

From my eyes USB headsets are great because they will just plug in, you install the drivers and it goes. Mine are cool aswell because I have a dolby enabled button. Im sure you can get these sorts of features on analog headsets and when I decide to upgrade I will definatley be going analog.

My reason is that my cellphone only has 3.5mm jack, same with my 3DS, same with my moniters which I sometimes play PS3 and 360 on. And this is why having only USB kind of sucks.

Go analog!! :D

I prefer Analog. 

Much more flexibility

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

analog. usb headsets have their own sound card in the usb connection and its usually inferior to the integrated sound on the motherboard