Upgrade Path. Should I Buy Ryzen 3000?

At the moment I have an idea about how I want to upgrade. I'm probably gonna buy a 5700XT to replace my 1060 3gb, a b450 tomahawk/gaming pro carbon to replace my a320, and 650w psu to replace my 450w one. But what i'm not too sure about is whether i should buy a 3rd gen ryzen cpu. I currently have a R5 2600, so I feel like will serve me at least until next generation. I believe AMD will release ryzen 4000 on the AM4 platform, at which point i would probably buy it. Do you think the b450 boards will support 4th gen? Or should i buy 3rd gen and wait until AMD is done with AM4. I'm not sure whether the 2600 will bottleneck a 5700XT but if the gains are significant with a 3600(X) or a 3700X for example i will probably consider it.

if 4th gen launches in 2020, i expect it to support the b450 line, tho maybe under beta like the 300 series currently

but i expect 4000 to be a zen 2 refresh personally

try with the 2600 first, see if you're happy, and then go further

i'd wait for 3rd party designs for the 5700xt tho

Yh, blower coolers aren't the one. Though if the AIB cards are too far from msrp i may go with something else.

I went from a 1800x with a b450 tomahawk to a 3600 on the same board. I’m gonna use this til the next socket from amd comes out. I’m gonna skip the 7nm refresh completely 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

The 4000 series is almost guaranteed to just be a refresh of the current 3k series much like the 2k series was... But 300 series chipsets are less likely to be supported for that due to age, it's possible. I think a b450 Tomahawk will serve you well, and if you're worried about it check and see if any x470s or x570s are going for cheap.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Another question that i didnt want to open a new thread for. What about b550 and 'big navi'? I'm willing to wait a little bit before i make a purchase and was wondering if these would be worth it. If i choose to wait for 4th gen ryzen, i think im safe in assuming a b550 would be better than a b450 for those cpus. And im willing to pay more for a gpu than what the 5700xt costs, maybe up to £600 if the price/performance doesnt take that big of a hit. When do you think higher end gpus would be launched like a 5800xt or 5900xt? If at all.