Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metallus97

x570 Chipset Waterblock

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, Madgemade said:

I guess you considered something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32948192293.html

It's very cheap, although you would have to factor in the cost of mounting it (custom bracket + nuts & bolts).

That exact one I linked might not be suitable as I couldn't find the size of the mounting holes, it might not be a standard and might vary between vendors.

I don't have an X570 but if I had to buy one and watercool it, that's the method I would use. Might be a good idea for an LTT video.

I won't get this one because its Aluminium and everything else is copper in my loop. But thank you for the suggestion! I found a Chinese one fo 10 bucks and ill 3D Print myself a bracket 


 Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

Participate in the folding competition! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 8:12 AM, Colb said:

These look like they may do the job .  I haven't got my board yet so cannot measure . But if the holes are within the spec I think I will give it a try .  Cheap enough not to worry if it is no good 

 

£11.29  13%OFF | DIY North and South bridge Water cooled cooling watercooled cooler diagonal hole spacing 43mm-58mm

 

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/l2USYIG

So , I have now got my board x570 taichi and one of the above coolers and there are two main problems 

 

I've fit the cooler , it fits on the chipset just fine .  However it then means that the 1st and  second pcie slots are unusable with a long gpu (gtx1080ti with water lock) .   The bottom slot is available , and may then be a option for some people . I however trying doing this in a inwin 303 and the bottom slot in that case is unavailable for any card as it's so close to the floor .   I have ordered a bracket to turn the card vertical.  This should allow for me to fit my card and  cool both .

 

The second problem is the metal cover that also acts as a nvme cooler .  This obviously does not fit any longer . There seams to be two options here . Either cut a section out of the metal cover which would work but destroy any resale value , so I will leave it off and use a aftermarket nvme passive cooler.   

 

 Iam still a fair ways off having it up and running but think I can see a way to the end , hopefully 

IMG_20190801_110057.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, Colb said:

So , I have now got my board x570 taichi and one of the above coolers and there are two main problems 

 

I've fit the cooler , it fits on the chipset just fine .  However it then means that the 1st and  second pcie slots are unusable with a long gpu (gtx1080ti with water lock) .   The bottom slot is available , and may then be a option for some people . I however trying doing this in a inwin 303 and the bottom slot in that case is unavailable for any card as it's so close to the floor .   I have ordered a bracket to turn the card vertical.  This should allow for me to fit my card and  cool both .

 

The second problem is the metal cover that also acts as a nvme cooler .  This obviously does not fit any longer . There seams to be two options here . Either cut a section out of the metal cover which would work but destroy any resale value , so I will leave it off and use a aftermarket nvme passive cooler.   

 

 Iam still a fair ways off having it up and running but think I can see a way to the end , hopefully 

 

BRO, THANKS FOR SAVING MY A. I won't get a water block on the chipset :/

 

I want to get the Taichi to, so its very good to know about the GPU issues. I need 4 GPUS for F@H... guess ill have to stick with the small fan then. Did you try it with the fan?= How bad was it?

 

About the SSD: Unles its a PCIe 4.0 one (they run HOOOOT)

There are aftermarket coolers, but do only cool the controller! The actual NAND likes to run at tiger temperatures. Although I dont think a full cover cooler would damage it any time soon. Oh and BTW they are all passive, so no small fans :D 

 

About heatsinks for SSDs:

Spoiler

 

A nice heatsink (dont know where you buying from, but there are similar products from other brands 

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/neue-produkte/20838/alphacool-hdx-m.2-ssd-m01-80mm-schwarz

And yes, this bit of metal is enough


 Join the LTT folding team and support the cure for cancer and various other bad stuff!

Participate in the folding competition! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice , thank for the advice on the SSD heatsink.

 

Yeah I tried it with the chipset fan , to be honest is wasn't too bad .  If I had to leave it then it wouldn't of been the end of the world . And it's still an option to just leave it if the vertical gpu doesn't solve all my problems . 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I'm also dealing with this annoying fan on ASRock Taichi x570 motherboard. As you already stripped everything apart, would you please tell me these?

- what are the dimensions of original fan? In case I wanted to replace it with better quality one

- what are the dimensions of chipset itself and what's the diameter and distance between the two holes? I'm considering getting beefy aftermarket heatsink

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

.

Edited by quakeguy81

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -- ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 -- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 -- Gigabyte GTX 1070 -- NZXT S340 -- Windows 10 64-Bit

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody was nice enough to provide dimensions so I measured it myself. Here's the thread if anybody is interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmods/comments/co5zhc/i_have_to_get_rid_of_asrock_taichi_x570_chipset/ewsnfn0/

 

fan diameter ~35mm
heatsink dimensions ~57mm x 70mm x 6mm
heatsink standoffs ~6mm
distance between heatsink mounting bolts ~53mm
chipset dimensions ~25mm x 25mm

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, in planning for my current build, i went with the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the simple fact that it is one of the only boards that has individual m.2 slots with individual covers / coolers.  All other boards used the covers that were one giant piece that also covered the chipset and that fan.  That one detail was the deciding factor for my motherboard choice.  This is a picture of the board as i was about to test it, prior to water cooling.  I had to move the m.2 to the 1st slot, and the 3rd slot in order for both drives to be recognized.

20190707_112751.jpg


 

R9 3900x -:- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master -:- EVGA Black RTX2080ti -:- EVGA 850 G3 -:- 32GB Corsair Dom Plat RGB -:- Phanteks Evolv X RGB

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 12:59 PM, ad1das said:

So, in planning for my current build, i went with the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the simple fact that it is one of the only boards that has individual m.2 slots with individual covers / coolers.  All other boards used the covers that were one giant piece that also covered the chipset and that fan.  That one detail was the deciding factor for my motherboard choice.  [...]

 

 

I'm planing with the Gigabyte Aorus Master, too. Mainly, because of segmented covers, plus the 2x internal USB3.0 header, I need for my case, but also the price is cheap compared to asus crosshair series.

If you have any experiences I would be glad if you could share them here.

I ve the hope my old Heatkiller SB Rev3 fits on the southbridge

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could just buy a X470 board since X570 doesn't add anything other than PCI-e 4.0 which still has no use on the mainstream.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Crucial Ballistix |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

[...] PCI-e 4.0 which still has no use on the mainstream.

Still has no use, but next gen GPUs will support it I think. From that I could continue to use my old X370 Board, but that is not the point, if I m reworking my system, I m planing at least with a board and CPU from the latest gen. coz it provides me a driver/bios support for the next years and the latest technologies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, raekaos said:

but next gen GPUs will support it I think

If PCI-e 3.0 16x is still enough for the RTX TITAN then I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

 

2 minutes ago, raekaos said:

if I m reworking my system, I m planing at least with a board and CPU from the latest gen. coz it provides me a driver/bios support for the next years and the latest technologies.

Usually getting the best value today and years down the road just upgrade the platform when there's enough of these said "new technologies" around is a better value proposition.

 

People who bought the i7 8700K in 2017 did not spend more than those who got a first gen Ryzen and upgraded today to a Zen 2 as the spending was the same if not more on the AMD side while the R5 3600X still doesn't outperform the i7 8700K.

 

So whoever has an i7 8700K is still perfectly up to date 3 years later it's purchase and when they do upgrade their CPU and motherboard for the latest and greatest the total spending was the same of those who got in the "AM4 Future Proof" ideal having done more upgrades in narrow window of time.


Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
 
Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Crucial Ballistix |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.


HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raekaos said:

 

I'm planing with the Gigabyte Aorus Master, too. Mainly, because of segmented covers, plus the 2x internal USB3.0 header, I need for my case, but also the price is cheap compared to asus crosshair series.


If you have any experiences I would be glad if you could share them here.

I ve the hope my old Heatkiller SB Rev3 fits on the southbridge

Don't forget that it has Wifi 6 as well :) 802.11ax!  Ill try and take a picture of how much room you would have with a graphics card installed.  Granted i have a water block on my card, so it is significantly thinner than if it had the stock cooler on there.  With a water block you may have the proper clearance to put that heatkiller on the SB


 

R9 3900x -:- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master -:- EVGA Black RTX2080ti -:- EVGA 850 G3 -:- 32GB Corsair Dom Plat RGB -:- Phanteks Evolv X RGB

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

If PCI-e 3.0 16x is still enough for the RTX TITAN then I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

 

Usually getting the best value today and years down the road just upgrade the platform when there's enough of these said "new technologies" around is a better value proposition.

 

People who bought the i7 8700K in 2017 did not spend more than those who got a first gen Ryzen and upgraded today to a Zen 2 as the spending was the same if not more on the AMD side while the R5 3600X still doesn't outperform the i7 8700K. 

 

So whoever has an i7 8700K is still perfectly up to date 3 years later it's purchase and when they do upgrade their CPU and motherboard for the latest and greatest the total spending was the same of those who got in the "AM4 Future Proof" ideal having done more upgrades in narrow window of time. 

Maybe.

And I m absolutly with you. But as I said "if I m reworking..." that is what I m planing to do in the near future and I m not doing this for performance issues or need of a new system, it is just for fun. I ve a few new ideas for my watercooling system, a few new options I want to mess around with and in the end it's just a hobby for me. Here and today and with my budget X570 series are the best boards for Zen2, not necessarily the best for bucks but the best option for me.

 

Offtopic:

The i7 8700K is one of best CPUs from Intel in past years and an absolute exception, because of it early above-average drop in price. But at release it cost  > 100,- bucks more than a Ryzen 5 1600X at release and after 6 months it was twice as expensive as the 1600X and still 100,- more than the 1700X. It was Intels counter to AMDs Ryzen 7 series CPUs with more single core performance but not too bad multicore, and I think the revenue wasnt much for this CPU. With Zen 2 Intel ist loosing more and more ground to AMD even in server market. I m glad I m gone with Red in early 2017 and dont have to support this Intel tick tock tock tock ... muck around with customers system anymore. 

 

@ad1das

The Heatkiller SB has one side without terminals and therefore even more clearence for GPUs but with a waterblock on GPU it shouldnt that much of a probleme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, ad1das said:

Don't forget that it has Wifi 6 as well :) 802.11ax!  Ill try and take a picture of how much room you would have with a graphics card installed.  Granted i have a water block on my card, so it is significantly thinner than if it had the stock cooler on there.  With a water block you may have the proper clearance to put that heatkiller on the SB

Success!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×