Why doesn't the WAN show have a channel for just clips?

iKingRPG
Go to solution Solved by harryk,

The WAN show is pretty far down the priority list for them. It's like a legacy product. They still do it for fun and tradition but aren't trying to increase the viewership nor are they investing much resource into it. While it might not seem like much, watching and cutting the show into reasonable clips and uploading to a separately managed channel will consume a decent amount of time that could be better spent working on other videos.

Additionally, I think there is a special vibe with the WAN show as it is. It's got this special behind-the-scenes factor to it. There are a lot of unscripted real Linus moments, upcoming projects updates, secret stuff hints etc. Info that only the real WAN show viewers get to know. That's what I watch for, and it's not something that can be compartmentalized into clips (particularly when the whole show might be one big rant).

I understand not wanting to clog LTT with wan show clips, but why not? Others do

15 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

show clips

what do you mean clips ?, the whole show is uploaded 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Nigahiga cuts some parts of his podcast and uploads them separately, they're often the most fun parts, or have a clickbait title, is this what you mean?

Other channels populate their feed that way. LTT already uploads 6 edited videos a week plus WAN. They don't need smaller clips to f-up YT algorithm even further.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, Tamesh16 said:

Like instead of the whole thing, lets say they talk about new Ryzen CPUs. They upload that like 5 minute part to another channel like "WAN Show Clips" or something. 

23 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Other channels populate their feed that way. LTT already uploads 6 edited videos a week plus WAN. They don't need smaller clips to f-up YT algorithm even further.

I guess i wouldnt want 10 wan show clips in my feed, but thats why the "not interested" button exists.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:08 AM, Loote said:

Nigahiga cuts some parts of his podcast and uploads them separately, they're often the most fun parts, or have a clickbait title, is this what you mean?

^ Yes, exactly what I mean... H3H3, JRE, Nigahiga, and several other show/podcasts do exactly that. Here are example for those who don't get it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtVGGeUqfVHOK4Q6nAwYO3g

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnxGkOGNMqQEUMvroOWps6Q

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZZHPXsg6LopvdOKF7qM6cQ

On 7/8/2019 at 1:37 AM, lewdicrous said:

Most WAN shows have timestamps, either in the description or in the comments, I don't see why taking the time to go through the live stream and edit it makes any sense.

I don't know about other people, but I'd rather just watch them talk about the parts I care about. Also idk I was just wondering why they wouldn't since many other popular shows do it.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, Tamesh16 said:

like this

On 7/8/2019 at 3:08 AM, Loote said:

Edited by SansVarnic
Merged Comments

15 minutes ago, iKingRPG said:

I don't know about other people, but I'd rather just watch them talk about the parts I care about. Also idk I was just wondering why they wouldn't since many other popular shows do it.

Again, there are timestamps. 

Just cause other people are doing it, that doesn't mean LTT should do it too.

The WAN show is pretty far down the priority list for them. It's like a legacy product. They still do it for fun and tradition but aren't trying to increase the viewership nor are they investing much resource into it. While it might not seem like much, watching and cutting the show into reasonable clips and uploading to a separately managed channel will consume a decent amount of time that could be better spent working on other videos.

Additionally, I think there is a special vibe with the WAN show as it is. It's got this special behind-the-scenes factor to it. There are a lot of unscripted real Linus moments, upcoming projects updates, secret stuff hints etc. Info that only the real WAN show viewers get to know. That's what I watch for, and it's not something that can be compartmentalized into clips (particularly when the whole show might be one big rant).

25 minutes ago, harryk said:

I agree. I don't even care that much about Linus or Luke's opinion on the new leaks or whatever, they have a personality unlike someone specifically... Lew Later who mostly just reads an article to us