Func HS-260 Headset

LinusTech

NCIX: http://www.ncix.com/search/?q=Func+HS-260

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1OBe

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826247002

Func: http://www.func.net/en/products/hs-260-gaming-headset/

My review of the HS-260's from Func covers build quality, ergonomics, and of course how good they sound. Overall, while gaming headsets are not something I use personally, I found them to be a very solid offering when I compared them to competing products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQcx8A5treY

ooo new partnership with newegg or am i just being dumb and never noticed that? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I really like the aesthetics of this headset. 

ooo new partnership with newegg or am i just being dumb and never noticed that? 

Not a partnership. No one else has the bloody thing listed (let alone in stock) so I didn't know what else to do...

Thanks for the mic test. Sounded fairly nice.

Nice review.  I bought one of the Kracken's before Christmas for someone else and now i'm wishing I hadn't lol.

@LinusTech I have a question, not about the headphones but about the video itself. Does func tell you guys when to upload the review? Because Logan, Timmy, Paul and Jay I believe all uploaded the video today as well. Is that just a coincidence? 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

i think the mic switching is pretty cool, but dont find its a nec. i found the razer kraken pro sound ok but after eq it was very good but they literally fell apart on me. using g930s now , finding for a wireless headset they are very good.

How does this compete with other headphones in this price range? The microphone sound good enough, but do you think it's worth it for just the listen aspect? 

NCIX: http://www.ncix.com/search/?q=Func+HS-260

Amazon: http://georiot.co/1OBe

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826247002

Func: http://www.func.net/en/products/hs-260-gaming-headset/

My review of the HS-260's from Func covers build quality, ergonomics, and of course how good they sound. Overall, while gaming headsets are not something I use personally, I found them to be a very solid offering when I compared them to competing products.

I like the idea of a detachable mic, but only if they offered a better aftermarket option. Give us a 30-40 dollar(maybe even more if the quality justifies it) upgrade option and it's a seller. Makes the consumer happy. I always hope for these type of features to turn into an ecosystem full of upgrades and possibilities but that doesn't seem to happen at all -_-.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

@LinusTech I have a question, not about the headphones but about the video itself. Does func tell you guys when to upload the review? Because Logan, Timmy, Paul and Jay I believe all uploaded the video today as well. Is that just a coincidence? 

It was the same thing with the Corsair 250D....hmmm...................suspicious................................

It's great to see Companies moving from bass heavy headphones to a "flatter" type of headphone. I wanted to get a headset mostly because of the convenience of having a mic integrated into the headset and not having to deal with a bunch if cables. I think these will be my daily drivers if they ever go into stock. If the M50's go back to $100, I think I might go with those instead and save for a Blue Snowball or Snowflake.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I'm starting to wish I didn't buy the Logitech G230's and just saved to buy these.

nice video as always, Linus, I love your vibe. I've been looking for a replacement for my old Pioneer's that unfortunately are falling apart. first I was going for a headset, primarily for the mic and the looks (razer kraken pro was my first choice), but then i realized that i could get much more value out of a pair of headphones and a bluetooth mic...and they look good too! So I'm starting again a long research for the good pair :D Just to make it easier for me: what mic do you use for your headphones?

that video on Func's site... hahaha priceless

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I really like the Detachable cord and mic Feature, and to be able to swap them
also I  think it will be great  because you can plug in another mic to it or longer/shorter cord 

so it is a + for me
amd the price amazing but cant find a place to buy them

Linus, I really like where youve been going lately. your reviews are so much more complete now, instead of just unboxing/overviews. for example, doing a full build in a case, or like in this video where you compared the audio quality to the competition; top notch
love what youre doing, keep up the good work

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I love detachable cable and microphone.

Most PC cases have a side panel on the left side of them. Meaning you have to place the case on the right side to see it. So having the cable on the left side is just slightly anoying. Because my cable is on the left ear cup - but case on right side... derp! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

It's great to see Companies moving from bass heavy headphones to a "flatter" type of headphone. I wanted to get a headset mostly because of the convenience of having a mic integrated into the headset and not having to deal with a bunch if cables. I think these will be my daily drivers if they ever go into stock. If the M50's go back to $100, I think I might go with those instead and save for a Blue Snowball or Snowflake.

The m50's don't game well. It's nice and clear and sound great, but the closed design make the sound stage shrink to ungodly sizes. But that's just my opinion.

so linus said in the review that he could not recommend the krakens pros but he uses them for the wan show, why?

This  "Audiophile" headphone guide http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-27-2014-monster-dna-pro-added-edits recommends the Skullcandy Slyrs if you have to get a headset, what do you think of those?

Never tried them... That's an interesting recommendation..