Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grand Admiral Thrawn

HTC encryption bypass?

Posted · Original PosterOP

A rather quick question. Someone is selling a phone shown in the picture below and my question is:

If I buy this phone and do a factory reset from recovery, will the encryption screen disappear? (if of course I can get into recovery before this screen pops up)

Factory reset should erase all personal data so I think it will, but I just want to be sure before buying a brick.

decrypt.png.40af2234d24c011fe2a8dfacc34a1c06.png

I don't require glory, only results.

13 minutes ago, PrinceNorris said:

If I buy this phone and do a factory reset from recovery, will the encryption screen disappear? (if of course I can get into recovery before this screen pops up)

I think so but granted you know the password to decrypt to login. Once logged in, you can go to Settings and perform a factory reset, from then the phone will reboot, and once wipe is initiated, it will remove the encryption keys which makes data irretrievable. 

If you ask me, it looks like the phone was stolen so I don’t recommend buying potentially stolen phones. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Making Windows Defender as good or even better than paid options

Posted · Original PosterOP
44 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

If you ask me, it looks like the phone was stolen so I don’t recommend buying potentially stolen phones. 

Oh yeah I forgot why those screens are here in the first place, like iCloud and Google and stuff. Thanks for reminding me.

I don't require glory, only results.