To get or not to get x570 for ryzen 300

Do to current issues with my cpu. I will be jumping to ryzen 3000. Should I go with x570 or just grab a b450 or x470 mobo?

The features of pcie gen 4 do sound nice for future upgrades.

i would personally go for B450/X470 because gen 3 for gpu is still onlt x8 for gaming only iirc.

20 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i would personally go for B450/X470 because gen 3 for gpu is still onlt x8 for gaming only iirc.

True, but new nvme storage can use it. And probably future gpus maybe able to to utilize it.

Also I would hope that x570 would be a better fit for future cpu. Then again it could end up like z270. And be a 1 time thing

The rule with boards never really changes, always buy the best you can afford to buy for no more than around $200/£200/€250.

A board is a board, functionally they're the same no matter what price. Once you get up to the 200ish range you're in the sweet spot of getting modern features without paying a premium for cutting edge stuff that you'll probably never use anyway.

People who pay 400, 500 or even more for a motherboard are nuts imo, it doesn't do anything that my 200 board cannot also do.

Ask yourself this, can you afford to pay the premium of buying brand new tech without jepordising something else in your build? If yes then go ahead, if no then buy something from last gen and spend the money on something that will improve your computer's performance.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

True, but new nvme storage can use it. And probably future gpus maybe able to to utilize it. 

Also I would hope that x570 would be a better fit for future cpu. Then again it could end up like z270. And be a 1 time thing

yeah if you do some stuff that needs it why not. isnt there already gen 5 been devoloped already?

maybe yes maybe not you will never know until its time.

3 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

The rule with boards never really changes, always buy the best you can afford to buy for no more than around $200/£200/€250.

A board is a board, functionally they're the same no matter what price. Once you get up to the 200ish range you're in the sweet spot of getting modern features without paying a premium for cutting edge stuff that you'll probably never use anyway.

People who pay 400, 500 or even more for a motherboard are nuts imo, it doesn't do anything that my 200 board cannot also do.

Ask yourself this, can you afford to pay the premium of buying brand new tech without jepordising something else in your build? If yes then go ahead, if no then buy something from last gen and spend the money on something that will improve your computer's performance.

Damn the golden rule.. Lol

3 hours ago, Oalei said:

yeah if you do some stuff that needs it why not. isnt there already gen 5 been devoloped already?

maybe yes maybe not you will never know until its time.

Gen 5 will most likely be used in data centers and stuff.