HTTPS bad, Filtering good - UK ISPs name Mozilla as "Internet Villain"

rcmaehl

To be fair it's probably more about the ISP's being concerned with the government trying to blame them for this than the ISP's themselves having an issue. The UK government isn't particularly good at internet laws stuff.

Wow the UK must feel good for calling out encrypted DNS. I mean what ISP doesn't want to be able to see all my personal information and banking info.I don't even live in the UK and I say to every ISP you can take my DNS over TLS on my custom pfSense router and shove it.

-5 Karma for every page loaded via FireFox.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

21 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

-5 Karma for every page loaded via FireFox.

-100 privacy for every page loaded via google chrome

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

I think I have, finally, come up with an analogy for why ISP's should neither be asked to, or allowed to, regulate your traffic.

The Department of Transportation (not sure of the UK equivalent, but it's the government entity that looks after the roads) does not get to control where you drive, and when. Barring emergency circumstances.

Thusly, ISP's, which as far as I can tell, take government money for operating, in both the UK and the US, should not be allowed or required to dictate which websites you visit.

End of story.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes of course ISP is the one from whom it's coming from, indeed. Such mockery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_over_HTTPS

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

A protector of free speech under attack in a country without free speech?

Color me surprised.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

Well I guess if Mozilla is an internet villian, then I'm an internet mafia member for using FF.

That's how Mafia works

13 hours ago, Levent said:

it just gives them an excuse to implement DPI.

Which can be bypassed by rerouting VPN traffic to port 443 or 22. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Wished they brought back FireFox OS

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Did I miss the fucking punchline? This is open corruption admitted on social media.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Literally no one:

Literally not a single soul or being in the universe:

UK ISPs: wOuLd sOMeOnE tHiNK oF thE chIlDrEn????؟؟؟

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Look at the other villains on the list.

image.png.6f3e2076be3e06587945bff4404934a2.png

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Why am I not surprised? Yet again British ISPs and the ISPA are getting mad because someone doesn't support their censorship. This shit is ridiculous.

The ISPA is an antiquated, useless organization whose only purpose is to spread propaganda about how censorship has to happen "fOr ThE cHiLdReN" so to see them post that BS is no surprise to me.

8 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

I'm sorry, how does Trump forcing the supply chain to widen and acquire more sourcing.actually threaten anything? A at best marginal increase in prices for everyone else threatens jack shit.

1 hour ago, ravenshrike said:

I'm sorry, how does Trump forcing the supply chain to widen and acquire more sourcing.actually threaten anything? A at best marginal increase in prices for everyone else threatens jack shit.

That issue has more to do with a lot of China, and other Asian countries, doing the manufacturing and parts supply of telecommunications equipment that could be impacted by other similar trade tariffs like ones that have been enacted with some rather odd choices in what is and is not included.

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

Am I the only one who saw this as a positive?

Lol, yeah.  All they are doing is spreading knowledge of DoH, which, quite frankly, I didn't even know existed until I saw this post.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

53 minutes ago, leadeater said:

That issue has more to do with a lot of China, and other Asian countries, doing the manufacturing and parts supply of telecommunications equipment that could be impacted by other similar trade tariffs like ones that have been enacted with some rather odd choices in what is and is not included.

But that's just it, his actions won't eliminate the chinese semiconductor market, but it will force new supply lines outside of that market to establish themselves thus significantly increasing consumer choice. For everyone not american or chinese, Trump's actions are only increasing the medium to long term stability of the overall market with at worst an extremely minor uptick in price for non-americans.

3 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

But that's just it, his actions won't eliminate the chinese semiconductor market, but it will force new supply lines outside of that market to establish themselves thus significantly increasing consumer choice. For everyone not american or chinese, Trump's actions are only increasing the medium to long term stability of the overall market with at worst an extremely minor uptick in price for non-americans.

It hasn't really done that, most have just moved where they produce certain products to different factories they already own or are building new ones. There's hasn't yet been much if any change at all in supply chains as far as increasing or switching which companies are doing it. If Foxconn moves production from China to Taiwan it's still Foxconn.

17 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

When you didn't think you needed more incentive to use Firefox, you're given a pearl like this.

Just gotta watch out for the bugs... (Such as with typing after pasting links into the LTT forum, text sometimes not deleting {especially on Twitch} when selected and using backspace, and the wonky af tab dragging into other windows or new windows)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

15 hours ago, CarlBar said:

To be fair it's probably more about the ISP's being concerned with the government trying to blame them for this than the ISP's themselves having an issue. The UK government isn't particularly good at internet laws stuff.

No government is particularly good at internet law stuff.  It is a brand new mine field of issues largely made worse by ill informed and outspoken lobbyist.  And to top that off you can't even discuss it because people are so enraged at the big bad government for trying to deal with it (and keep everyone happy) that you just get labeled moron for even trying to be reasonable.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

17 hours ago, leadeater said:

The only way the Brits could get organized enough to actually Bexit is if they just say they have on the news then all proceed as if it were true, no one will notice either way.

I'm British and even I laughed :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

So:

Blocking because copyright infringement = Bad

But

Blocking because government says so = Good

I would expect either both of them to be good or neither of them, it being like that is weird.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking