Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EL02

Looking for help in budget PC

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hi! I recently found a used PC with a intel core i5 4460, rx 580 4gb, 8gb ddr3 memory and a 240gb ssd. Is it good enough for gaming since the i5 4th gen is a bit old? Also for how many years will it last before changing the cpu (as I've seen the rx 580 is great for AAA games). Thanks.

Price: $420 or 350€

Edited by EL02
Added price
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO that's too much for that system. Try and talk the seller down to $370ish or less and then throw in a used i7.

 

What games are you trying to play?


Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

 

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EL02 said:

Hi! I recently found a used PC with a intel core i5 4460, rx 580 4gb, 8gb ddr3 memory and a 240gb ssd. Is it good enough for gaming since the i5 4th gen is a bit old? Also for how many years will it last before changing the cpu (as I've seen the rx 580 is great for AAA games). Thanks.

Price: $420 or 350€

i would rather have a ryzen 3 1200 and the rest you will figure it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i would rather have a ryzen 3 1200 and the rest you will figure it out.

Yes, but I've gotta change the motherboard if I go for a ryzen cpu. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Yes, but I've gotta change the motherboard if I go for a ryzen cpu. 

do you already have it? i mean a ryzen 3 1200 sytem is around the same price tbh for me in my country with the support of aliexpress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

IMO that's too much for that system. Try and talk the seller down to $370ish or less and then throw in a used i7.

 

What games are you trying to play?

Is it that overpriced? I also found a ryzen 5 2400g with integrated vega 11 graphics, 8gb dual channel ddr4 2666mhz, 240gb ssd. But it was around $470 and in new condition. Thats basically the lowest prices PCs go in my country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Oalei said:

do you already have it? i mean a ryzen 3 1200 sytem is around the same price tbh for me in my country with the support of aliexpress.

No, my country taxes 22% of the price of online bought products. So that would bring up the price by a lot. Also it was pre built.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit overpriced if you ask me, but it would play games :D I use a 3rd gen i5 to play games with a rx 560 and I get 60 on most every game, and the 580 will make it better then mine, so its a bit overpriced, but it would game

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, ComputerNerdDude158 said:

It's a bit overpriced if you ask me, but it would play games :D I use a 3rd gen i5 to play games with a rx 560 and I get 60 on most every game, and the 580 will make it better then mine, so its a bit overpriced, but it would game

Yeah, i would definitely like an i7 for that price. How much did yours cost and what games do you play? Plz include settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, EL02 said:

No, my country taxes 22% of the price of online bought products. So that would bring up the price by a lot.

OK so how about a non alieprrss way and go locally it's Pretty much 70usd, mobo could be around another 60-80usd, ram is questionable I could get a 2x8gb 70-90usd, cheap enough PSU like U9/CX450 with a used RX470/570/480/580 for around 60-100usd

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Oalei said:

OK so how about a non alieprrss way and go locally it's Pretty much 70usd, mobo could be around another 60-80usd, ram is questionable I could get a 2x8gb 70-90usd, cheap enough PSU like U9/CX450 with a used RX470/570/480/580 for around 60-100usd

I've been looking for 2-3 months now and went to a local store like yesterday that only had intel CPUs and it's the only store that does not overprice stuff. Btw i live in albania, so i dont have many options. Anyway thnx for the response 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EL02 said:

I've been looking for 2-3 months now and went to a local store like yesterday that only had intel CPUs and it's the only store that does not overprice stuff. Btw i live in albania, so i dont have many options. Anyway thnx for the response 

i meant used stuff, new stuff is expensive but nvm. how about a i7 2600/3770? i mean its not that much different but have 8threads.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Oalei said:

i meant used stuff, new stuff is expensive but nvm. how about a i7 2600/3770? i mean its not that much different but have 8threads.

Prices are crazy here. The same pc but with i7 was around €550 or $675. I've got only two choices: the computer we're talking about or ryzen 5 2400g with vega 11, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram and 240gb ssd for $460 (new). Can you help with the choices?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Prices are crazy here. The same pc but with i7 was around €550 or $675. I've got only two choices: the computer we're talking about or ryzen 5 2400g with vega 11, 8gb ddr4 2666mhz ram and 240gb ssd for $460 (new). Can you help with the choices?

I opted for 5 2400g and add another 8gb with a gpu later on honestly. Well prices may drip with the launch of zen 2, so hope it will on your country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 minutes ago, Oalei said:

I opted for 5 2400g and add another 8gb with a gpu later on honestly. Well prices may drip with the launch of zen 2, so hope it will on your country.

Yeah, there isnt a lot of upgradebility potential in the first one because I've to change the whole motherboard with the ram and cpu if i want it to be faster. But in the other one i can just add a graphics card. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
51 minutes ago, Oalei said:

I opted for 5 2400g and add another 8gb with a gpu later on honestly. Well prices may drip with the launch of zen 2, so hope it will on your country.

Srry for the long conversation. What about getting a PC with a ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb ddr4 dual channel, 240gb ssd for $330 and also seperately buying rx 560 for $130? Again sorry if im taking too much time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EL02 said:

Srry for the long conversation. What about getting a PC with a ryzen 3 2200g, 8gb ddr4 dual channel, 240gb ssd for $330 and also seperately buying rx 560 for $130? Again sorry if im taking too much time.

RX560 Vs Vega 11 not a chance and the other way around, if its a used RX570/470 for that I would take the RX570/470. The difference between RX560 and 570 is like day and night, with your aim of 60fps 1080 the rx570/470 will deliver what you want most of the time with combination of high and medium. 

It's not like I'm super busy at 10am.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×