CPU Upgrade.

Go to solution Solved by ComputerNerdDude158,

Bro ignore people telling you to just "get a new pc" its not always that easy guys, I used to have a i5 2500, it'll make you happy! Much better than the i3 you have,

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500-vs-Intel-Core-i3-2100/m517vsm41

to show how much better, and I upgraded from a i3 3225 which is around the same as your i3, to a 2500, and it was sooooo much better in games!

Let's start by the fact that my PC is very low end. My intention is to replace the CPU in it. It has a Intel Core i3-2100 @3.10 GHz 2 core 4 thread Processor, which I would like to swap with a Intel Core i5-2500 processor. I have found this processor on ebay for 35,99 euros+2,99 shipping. Now I know that most of you would say "Just buy a better PC" , but instead I would save this and upgrade it, without spending like 400 euros for a new one. I saw a few videos on YouTube so you don't have to tell to watch them.

I have 100 euros in my pocket right now and I know it's a second generation intel processor but for me just one thing matters, that it can play a few more modern games.

Like I said before , I did watched a few videos on YouTube , like where they put this CPU together with a 1050ti or so ... and it can handle 1080p gaming at 60 fps. Four a few euros this upgrade it's totally worth it for me.

What are your ideals? Proposals? Should I do it? 

Don't get a 1050Ti bad value go for RX470 and a CX450. Get a xeon like E3 1240v2 or something and don't forget to update bios. 

If this is a prebuilt system make sure you look up the spec sheet from the manufacturer to ensure that the motherboard supports the CPU.  On some OEM machines the board will have limited CPU support, as in what it was shipped with kinda thing.

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

It also depends on your motherboard. If you can overclock CPU on it, your best bet might be 2500k. Those CPUs are beats and can be overclocked nicely. 

It's also soldered CPU, so overheating shouldn't be such a huge problem.

With 100€ to spend, you can't really afford to go with another platform, since it would require new motherboard + cpu and maybe even new RAM.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

37 minutes ago, ShomikIsHere said:

A ryzen 3 2200g would be a better option 

My Mobo doesn’t support AMD Processors... its LGA 1151 ... 

37 minutes ago, Reznik said:

If this is a prebuilt system make sure you look up the spec sheet from the manufacturer to ensure that the motherboard supports the CPU.  On some OEM machines the board will have limited CPU support, as in what it was shipped with kinda thing.

Yes I have checked and it is a prebuilt system. It supports up to a i7-2600 .. I don’t know if I can overclock, but anyway I don’t think that i Will

7 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

It also depends on your motherboard. If you can overclock CPU on it, your best bet might be 2500k. Those CPUs are beats and can be overclocked nicely. 

It's also soldered CPU, so overheating shouldn't be such a huge problem.

With 100€ to spend, you can't really afford to go with another platform, since it would require new motherboard + cpu and maybe even new RAM.

I can’t put in an intel K processor because my MOBO doesn’t support overclocking. Anyway I don’t think that I will overclock any time , that just doesn’t matter for me. 

7 minutes ago, FinishGamer86 said:

I can’t put in an intel K processor because my MOBO doesn’t support overclocking. Anyway I don’t think that I will overclock any time , that just doesn’t matter for me. 

In that case just go with i5 2500. Seems like decent upgrade for this price.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Bro ignore people telling you to just "get a new pc" its not always that easy guys, I used to have a i5 2500, it'll make you happy! Much better than the i3 you have,

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500-vs-Intel-Core-i3-2100/m517vsm41

to show how much better, and I upgraded from a i3 3225 which is around the same as your i3, to a 2500, and it was sooooo much better in games!

5 minutes ago, HedgeSledge said:

LGA 1151 is Skylake...

Oops my bad, its a 1155 Sandy Bridge

22 minutes ago, ComputerNerdDude158 said:

Wow, finally someone who understands! Thank you very very much!