Samsung Phones Not Working Under Water?

There's so much information missing that we simply cannot come to a conclusion.

IF this is entirely based off of people using their phones in Salt Water (which isn't protected by the IP68 rating), because they saw a Samsung commercial in which someone took their phone to a beach (Regardless of the fact that there are an insanely large amount of Freshwater beaches - as in, I've literally never been to a Salt Water beach in my entire life)?

Then, at best, Samsung needs to adjust their commercials with an audible and clear warning saying "Freshwater beaches only" or something to that effect (I'm already certain there's fineprint text on the screen saying "Tested in freshwater only"). They just need to make it more clear that just because these people are on a beach, doesn't mean it's a salt water beach.

On the other hand, if the entire lineup of Samsung "waterproof" phones are failing due to IP68 tested water conditions? Then yes, Samsung is 100% at fault.

Third possible outcome: Samsung is entirely in the clear, because they denied the warranty claims due to the phones being abused and the seals compromised (Eg: broken screen, cracked casing, etc).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This whole thing makes be chuckle.  I've recorded with both my GS8+ and my GS9+ underwater in a pool with no issues at all, granted it was for less than 30 min at a time.  At the same time, just because you "Can" do something with a device...doesn't mean that you should.

9 hours ago, Phill104 said:

It is miss-leading advertising that is the issue here. Companies need to be held to account for their advertising campaigns or they will and do get away with all sorts. Here in the UK the ASA would deal with the issue at hand.

What evidence is their that the advertising is false?  we don't know if the phones aren't waterproof as advertised, all we know is a few warranties weren't honored. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.