PC upgrade for about 500 pounds

Mievvin

Hello. I'd like to upgrade my PC as i'd like to play some more demanding games (ARK, Witcher), as well as have a more comfortable experience in the games that I currently play (League of Legends, I get FPS drops when I have stuff like YouTube turned on in the background, Minecraft as I struggle to run any of the new modded packs) and also possibly stream, althought that's not really a priority.

My current build is this: 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz Dual-Core Processor Purchased For £0.00
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler Purchased For £0.00
Motherboard MSI - H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Purchased For £0.00
Memory Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory Purchased For £0.00
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For £0.00
Video Card Asus - GeForce GTX 950 2 GB Video Card Purchased For £0.00
Case Deepcool - TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case Purchased For £0.00
Power Supply EVGA - 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For £0.00
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £0.00
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-04 15:29 BST+0100  

I will be re-using the case & HDD from this and sell what can be sold.

I'll get an SSD, but currently i'm prioritizing everything else over it.

I've done some research and put together this, not sure whether it is any good. It goes a bit above my budget, but there are probably things that can be changed within it so it can decrease I guess. I was considering the new Ryzen, however, I feel like it'd be a bit out of my budget (the Ryzen 5 3600 will cost like 180-200 pounds apparently). I'm not entirely sure on the memory as I read that the Corsair Vengeance LPX doesn't work well with Ryzen, and the reviews that I've read for that specific GPU are that it's a bit hit or miss.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Mievvin said:

This looks really solid! Probably gonna be the best you’re gonna get for $500

edit: I would REALLY recommend that you get an ssd. It really helps speed up the whole machine, otherwise it'll just feel sluggish and slow running off an hdd. Maybe just get a $20 120gb ssd??

Edited by star_pilot475

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Right now is not a good time, seeing as ryzen 3000 comes out in a week. But it's a very well balanced build except for the lack of SSD. It's very dramatic in everyday use.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

2 minutes ago, LukeLinusFanFic said:

Right now is not a good time, seeing as ryzen 3000 comes out in a week. But it's a very well balanced build except for the lack of SSD. It's very dramatic in everyday use.

It's actually the best time, the 2600 has dropped ~£50 in the past 3 months with the expectations and announcements. It's now only £10 more than the 1600x on some retailers which took their price drops last year.

To up what was previously mentioned, the SSD will be a big difference for games like ARK/ Witcher as they're not really GPU heavy and more asset heavy.

3 minutes ago, Toakan said:

It's actually the best time, the 2600 has dropped ~£50 in the past 3 months with the expectations and announcements. It's now only £10 more than the 1600x on some retailers which took their price drops last year.

To up what was previously mentioned, the SSD will be a big difference for games like ARK/ Witcher as they're not really GPU heavy and more asset heavy.

As much as they have price dropped, they will drop more.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

So is that GPU and RAM fine then? And yeah if you all say so I may put in an extra and get an SSD then. I'll wait until the new Ryzen comes out just to get an actual price on it though.