When i play games like Fortnite i get 160+fps but i drops to 30 for 3-4 seconds

Specs:

CPU:Ryzen 5 2400g
GPU:Amd rx 480 8gb
Motherboard:Asus prime a320m-k
Ram:hyperX 2x4gb 2666mhz
HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - hdd is old 4 years

It's possible, but probably not.

Even then, an upgrade to an SSD will be monumental. When I upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, it was legitimately one of the biggest upgrades for my PC.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

It's possible, but probably not.

Even then, an upgrade to an SSD will be monumental. When I upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, it was legitimately one of the biggest upgrades for my PC.

i was going to buy an ssd but i think i need to buy a new hdd too

Just now, Itshaynunbro said:

i was going to buy an ssd but i think i need to buy a new hdd too

Why do you think that? Do you not have enough space?

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Why do you think that? Do you not have enough space?

i have enough space but i think that my hdd is old and i need new one

Just now, Itshaynunbro said:

i have enough space but i think that my hdd is old and i need new one

No, your HDD is 7200RPM 32MB which is below-average, but will do just fine. If you do want to though, get a new HDD.

7 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

No, your HDD is 7200RPM 32MB which is below-average, but will do just fine. If you do want to though, get a new HDD.

but my pc is so slow im not sure if hdd is the problem and my fps in games drops

8 minutes ago, Itshaynunbro said:

but my pc is so slow im not sure if hdd is the problem and my fps in games drops

get yourself MSI Afterburner and enabled the OnScreenDisplay. In there, activate it to show FPS, CPU, GPU and vram/Ram temps, clock speeds and usage.

Then get yourself in the game again and constantly monitor those values. Once your FPS drop again, see what values changed significantly. 

The HDD is the thing that makes your PC feel slow but it 95% doesn't affect your FPS.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

get yourself MSI Afterburner and enabled the OnScreenDisplay. In there, activate it to show FPS, CPU, GPU and vram/Ram temps, clock speeds and usage.

Then get yourself in the game again and constantly monitor those values. Once your FPS drop again, see what values changed significantly. 

The HDD is the thing that makes your PC feel slow but it 95% doesn't affect your FPS.

i will. Thankss

33 minutes ago, Itshaynunbro said:

i will. Thankss

I agree with FloRolf, it appears you have sufficient amount of RAM meaning that once the game is loaded, it should be reading and writing to your memory 99% of the time - not your HDD.

12 minutes ago, steelo said:

I agree with FloRolf, it appears you have sufficient amount of RAM meaning that once the game is loaded, it should be reading and writing to your memory 99% of the time - not your HDD.

i had a buget of 300$ and i got everything from the list exepct hdd and gpu.

and i cant get anymore ram so what can i do

1 hour ago, Itshaynunbro said:

When i play games like Fortnite i get 160+fps but i drops to 30 for 3-4 seconds

Specs:

CPU:Ryzen 5 2400g
GPU:Amd rx 480 8gb
Motherboard:Asus prime a320m-k
Ram:hyperX 2x4gb 2666mhz
HDD:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - hdd is old 4 years

The last time I personally had this problem my graphics card was the culprit. It was making some super loud coil whine occasionally, fps would drop dramatically.

A hard drive will only slow down a computer where data needs to be read or written to the disk. For actual performance in games and things of that sort the HDD shouldn’t be getting involved much if any.

my other thought is that you may be just on the edge of hitting a thermal threshold.

you won’t know what’s going on until you get some monitoring software and watch what the hardware is doing during these drops.

19 minutes ago, Itshaynunbro said:

i had a buget of 300$ and i got everything from the list exepct hdd and gpu.

and i cant get anymore ram so what can i do

Your set up isn't bad...I have an overclocked RX 570 which is more or less equivalent to your RX 480. I also have a Ryzen 5 2400g and 8 gb of 3200mhz memory, which I find to be more than adequate for 1080 and some VR gaming. 

Personally, I'd upgrade to a SSD. I use a HDD to store movies, music and games that load quickly but load Win10 and a lot of the more demanding larger games from a SSD. Windows literally loads in less than 3 seconds now ?

9 hours ago, Itshaynunbro said:

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB

I have this exact HDD and have had zero issues with it since 2016. I even installed an extra 3TB Toshiba HDD of the exact same model because it's just been everything I've expected it to be. You get fps drops because of how the game is optimized combined with the amount of people in the session. Your hardware is fine for Fortnite. In fact, you don't even need a GPU with your current 2400G to run it around 90 fps. Have you by chance lowered any graphic settings? They work wonders for fps. Use these settings if you have not already been using them...

• View Distance - Epic
  • Shadows - OFF
  • Anti-Aliasing - OFF
  • Textures - Epic
  • Effects - Low
  • Post Processing - Low
  • Motion Blur - OFF

Not only will these settings help out tremendously with fps, they will take away any disadvantages each setting can present thus making you more competitive.

The only games that have issues with HDDS are those that you add content to.

A good example is Fallout 4. As you build up settlements and add settlers there comes a point that you get a slight pause as you approach a settlement. As you build more the pause becomes stutter. You can build up Fallout 4 to the point of being unplayable on a HDD.

Skyrim does the same if you use mods that add clutter and NPCs to the game.

Another example are flight simulators that you can add custom airplanes, scenery and airports to.  

Also Hdd performance is not equal. Most HDDs are designed to move small chunks of data fast and a few more expensive ones are designed to move large chunks of data fast.

I used web sites like https://techreport.com/ to look for HDD reviews. For gaming look for HDDs that have a high burst read speed and random read access times. 

Now that prices of large SSDs have come down the really high speed HDDs are no longer attractive. The best upgrade you can give your computer is a 1tb SSD for around $100.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV