Mobo rgb control

Greetings humans,

I'm soon to be first time DIYer and I've figured most things out by now.

My biggest problem is rgb that is must have for me.

...and I have a problem.

I watched a few videos of different rgb control via Mobo, but I have some specific plan for my new rig's lighting but I don't know what Mobo I can use to achieve it.

I want two different colours switching from one to another with some animation (possibly). That's all.

For example part of the components is lighted up with white LED's and part with purple. Then they switch to other color. Or even all are white, then switch to purple, then again to white, purple again and so on...

So is there any mobo manufacturer that have that option in his rgb control software? 

I was mainly looking to buy an msi, Asus or ASRock Mobo.

So to they let user to change it in the way that I want?

What is more, is it possible on 12V rgb components or would I be forced to use aRGB staff? Theoretically it is achievable by classic rgb's but would software let me to do it?

I have a tight Mobo budget, so if aRGB is not needed I could buy msi's tomahawk or mortar instead of ASRock's steel legend. I heard that those boards have better vrm and its cooling. If not I'd also consider b450 pro gaming carbon ac from msi.

But if both msi and ASRock don't support it I could go with Asus.

---------------------------------------------------

tldr:

Could I achieve lighting effect of 2 coulors cycling through with rgb controlled via Mobo?

If so, what mobo's manufactures should I consider and do I need aRGB for this?

• 5 weeks later...

all rgb is that all leds show the same color at once were argb each led can have a different color. i think you can do custom colors with corsair and maybe thermaltake but its also costly. there might be a cheap controller that has a remote that can select form many modes but its just be a guess if it flashes white and purple. imo ied just buy a mb that has both 5v and 12v. as for that the mb software can do that i dont no i have not used any mb software yet. i did just buy a am4 mb and it has both 5v and 12v so at some point ill dive in to it. keep in mind each mb software can be different from each other.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

@thrasher_565

I got same new infos now.

Corsair software allow it and it is great, and now I can get 220t at 100 euros with lighting node core with all ICUE glory and I'll go with that.

What is more Asrock software does not support that kind of lighting.

On the other hand, MSI's mystic light do with function called colour shift if i do recall correctly.

Infos about MSI and ASRock came from their support. MSI's support was very carefull with its words, but I think that I got it right.

So now I'm waiting for 220t and b450 tomahawk max availability :D

Thx for answer and if you would have some new info from playing with your mobo, please let me know ;)

On 8/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, DiscworldDeath said:

@thrasher_565

I got same new infos now.

Corsair software allow it and it is great, and now I can get 220t at 100 euros with lighting node core with all ICUE glory and I'll go with that.

What is more Asrock software does not support that kind of lighting.

On the other hand, MSI's mystic light do with function called colour shift if i do recall correctly.

Infos about MSI and ASRock came from their support. MSI's support was very carefull with its words, but I think that I got it right.

So now I'm waiting for 220t and b450 tomahawk max availability :D

Thx for answer and if you would have some new info from playing with your mobo, please let me know ;)

funny i am building a ryzen pc to sell and i got an asrock mb with 5v and 12v on payed an extra $20 more for the rgb. so i was like well ill try out the software and well it just suxs badly. i tried download all of the other rgb software and only the one for asrock works with asrock...to be exspeted but i just wanted to no. anyway software buggy dose not sink with the trident z rgb ram. even the trident z rgb software didn't work...so if you can learn how to use corsairs software it seems to be the best. even thow there software didn't work for me ether depending on what version i have installed. also if you have both software installed the icue and the link (don't no why you need 2 but w/e) i wanted to set up the fans to ramp up on say the cpu witch you can do with link but as soon as you install icue it takes all function of the fans away from link and icue dose not allow you to set a fan profile to ramp up based on the cpu temp... but icue has better rgb control so guess you have to pick one. its just a sad thing that all the rgb software is just hot garbage in 2019....i haven't tryed nzxt cam yet or thermaltakes software. i was going to try thermaltakes software and well i got a controller used off ammazon and its just sinks up with the mb and is not controled by thermaltakes software buy by the mb software.... if you want yo use thermaltakes software you have to but the premium set of fans and controller to do so....just an fiy.

oh and don't get me stared if you ever wanted to do custom stuff with corsair....its a $$$$ road to go down doable but will suck you dry....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/10/2019 at 3:43 AM, thrasher_565 said:

funny i am building a ryzen pc to sell and i got an asrock mb with 5v and 12v on payed an extra $20 more for the rgb. so i was like well ill try out the software and well it just suxs badly. i tried download all of the other rgb software and only the one for asrock works with asrock...to be exspeted but i just wanted to no. anyway software buggy dose not sink with the trident z rgb ram. even the trident z rgb software didn't work...so if you can learn how to use corsairs software it seems to be the best. even thow there software didn't work for me ether depending on what version i have installed. also if you have both software installed the icue and the link (don't no why you need 2 but w/e) i wanted to set up the fans to ramp up on say the cpu witch you can do with link but as soon as you install icue it takes all function of the fans away from link and icue dose not allow you to set a fan profile to ramp up based on the cpu temp... but icue has better rgb control so guess you have to pick one. its just a sad thing that all the rgb software is just hot garbage in 2019....i haven't tryed nzxt cam yet or thermaltakes software. i was going to try thermaltakes software and well i got a controller used off ammazon and its just sinks up with the mb and is not controled by thermaltakes software buy by the mb software.... if you want yo use thermaltakes software you have to but the premium set of fans and controller to do so....just an fiy.

oh and don't get me stared if you ever wanted to do custom stuff with corsair....its a $$$$ road to go down doable but will suck you dry....

I know corsair priceing. It's crazy af. Nevertheless, I think that those 3 fans with one noctua redux on exhaust will work fine. I don't want to spend more then I have to on RGB, just an amount that let me do my thing and will stand out just a bit. Thanks for help!