Nvidia Super Card Reviews

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

I'd like to see a product collaboration with Gilbert Gottfried, the GPU complains profusely while it's under high load. 

I'm throtling dammit! can't you replace the blower cooler? why is there not a fan blowing in my face?!! I want airflow!!!!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Astonishing developments, the 2080 Super absolutely SMASHES...nothing. The 2080 Super is as expected, not the 2080ti Lite. 5% faster than the 2080. That's actually worse than the benchmarks Apisak leaked which suggested an 8% improvement over the 2080 (and even that didn't sound particularly special).

Nvidia have once again disappointed everybody with this card. The conclusion is, get a 5700 XT or 2070 Super if you absolutely must have ray tracing or cuda cores. This card is a joke.

The RX 5800/XT can't come soon enough!

2 minutes ago, 00100000 said:

Well that was real overhyped by Nvidia

Nvidia is the new AMD

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

48 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Not surprising, tbh idk why people were expecting a 2080Super to "smash" the 2080.

They were expecting it to be.... Super.

You know the card is pointless when the GN review is only 11 minutes long!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

39 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

They were expecting it to be.... Super.

It's Super disappointing if anyone expected it to beat a 2080Ti.

32 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

You know the card is pointless when the GN review is only 11 minutes long!

I think GN is Super tired after having to review all these Super cards lol, hes been doing AMD and Nvidia stuff at the same time.

Are all the RTX GPUs benchmarked with DXR & DLSS "ON" versus another non RTX GPUs?

Are their FPS shows on the list with DXR & DLSS "ON/OFF"? 

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

I think 2080 Super might be the GPU that makes me bite even if gaming performance is near enough a side-grade from my semi-retired 1080Ti. Power efficiency is enough reason for me, and a nice bonus that compute performance took a big boost on stuff I occasionally run. I could afford a 2080Ti but I don't feel I need that performance. Heck, I'm even using a 2070 to keep house temps lower at the moment.

I really wish people would stop doing fps/$ metrics failing to take into consideration system costs though...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Can’t say I’m surprised that 2080 Super is boring given the specs we had. But it’s a pretty dull card.

I’m thinking I’ll still buy one though. I need a card for 1440p and while AMD’s got the better value card, I’d like better performance. Pity that RX 5800 and 5900 aren’t here yet, but I’m about done with my GTX 960.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

according to techpowerup the 2080 Super draws more power than a 1080ti

power-gaming-average.png

2080s is disappointing. I'll hold out for a better AMD card even though I have a gsync monitor.

10 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

Are all the RTX GPUs benchmarked with DXR & DLSS "ON" versus another non RTX GPUs?

Are their FPS shows on the list with DXR & DLSS "ON/OFF"? 

Bump!

Where can I get confirmation about this?

There is a guy who told me the RTXs are benchmarked with Raytracing is enabled, so those RTX FPS on the list are the numbers with enabling the feature, while I thought the opposite. But I cant find any confirmation about it in any reviews, or did I miss it?

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

3 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

Bump!

Where can I get confirmation about this?

There is a guy who told me the RTXs are benchmarked with Raytracing is enabled, so those RTX FPS on the list are the numbers with enabling the feature, while I thought the opposite. But I cant find any confirmation about it in any reviews, or did I miss it?

Obviously, RTRT was disabled. Turning it on would have cut frame rates roughly in half... 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

RX 5700 XT actually turned out to be an excellent card. Too bad AMD cocked it up a bit by insisting on reference only launch tho. Aftermarket cards, despite being a bit more expensive will be awesome. Basically all criticism was noise and heat. Which both get solved with at least dual fan coolers. NVIDIA is a bit like Intel now. I don't think they were expecting Navi to actually be this good. If Navi scales well for big cards, it's gonna be interesting to see what NVIDIA will offer as a response. More Super Mega cards or something radical. We'll know in fall 2019 I guess...

24 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Obviously, RTRT was disabled. Turning it on would have cut frame rates roughly in half... 

That is what I thought, but this guy is so adamant about his statement that RTXs are stacked on the list while RTRT is enabled. He said that GN and other reviewers also stated that. But I cant find anywhere on their reviews, so I think you guys can clarify this, as maybe I missed all about this for too late.

He said that what's the point of defending NVIDIA, and said that he dont get any advantages over defending NVIDIA but he sounds like the opposite of what he claimed, instead he sounds like he is their biggest fanboy. Oh man...

SILVER GLINT

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

RX 5700 XT actually turned out to be an excellent card. Too bad AMD cocked it up a bit by insisting on reference only launch tho. Aftermarket cards, despite being a bit more expensive will be awesome. Basically all criticism was noise and heat. Which both get solved with at least dual fan coolers. NVIDIA is a bit like Intel now. I don't think they were expecting Navi to actually be this good. If Navi scales well for big cards, it's gonna be interesting to see what NVIDIA will offer as a response. More Super Mega cards or something radical. We'll know in fall 2019 I guess...

We're gonna have a 2080 Super Duper Hyper Turbo Ti at reasonable "consumer" price point.

SILVER GLINT