Nvidia Super Card Reviews

Would you be able to use a 2070super in sli with a regular 2080 and will the 2080super be on the same 2080 chip or a cut down 2080ti?

And will be interesting to see how 2070super sli will perform vs a single 2080ti.

3 hours ago, Ha? said:

A $200 premium for 29 seconds is not what I consider a worth while "little extra dough". This chart is also now outdated if navi on garbage early drivers is anything to judge by where your previous examples no longer seem to be valid at the same price point.

Comparing $200 in capital expenditures (which are tax-deductible) to the aggregated savings from reducing the man-hours otherwise required... $200 (minus tax deductions) is quite literally a drop in the bucket ?.

On 7/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Deus Voltage said:
1/LTT:

The not so good:
-Good "value", but not revolutionary (not Anthony's words, but my sentiment from watching his review).

2/Gamer's Nexus:

The not so good:

-"It will sour recent RTX buyers with the refresh."

How is "good value" something that gets classified as "meh"? I'd say any increase in price:performance is good. It feels like you're trying to downplay how good the cards are when you put words in Anthony's mouth and suddenly start saying better price:performance is a negative thing.

And the "it will sour recent RTX buyers with the refresh" argument is some of the most retarded shit I've heard all day. I absolutely hate this argument.

What's next, someone will say AMD shouldn't have released Ryzen 2 because it might have upset some Ryzen 1 buyers? If you're upset that you recently bought a one year old card and something slightly better got released recently then you're a moron who should not buy tech products, because clearly you will just get disappointed over and over again. Buy what you need, when you need it, and be happy with that. Don't get mad/sad if a better product gets released on the market shortly after because it's that way with all tech stuff.

27 minutes ago, Ha? said:

These are not pro cards. They are consumer cards.

Which differ in RAM type, a few features that a small subset of programs actually benefit from, and stricter validation that is paired with a different driver stack.

Consumer cards can very easily match their professional counterparts for less money, and many companies don't need the benefits of the professional card. Hell, the Titan line and Vega Frontier Edition (and to an extent,  the VII) exist to be cheaper alternatives to high end professional cards, that trade off a few features.

31 minutes ago, Ha? said:

Clearly you don't understand that your point is not applicable to this use case.

His point is applicable.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

31 minutes ago, Ha? said:

These are not pro cards. They are consumer cards. Clearly you don't understand that your point is not applicable to this use case.

I would suggest not making claims about lack of comprehension when you are a prime example.

Many consumer cards are brought for commercial use.   In fact it got so prevalent that Nvidia tried to block quadro drivers from working on GTX cards.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

How is "good value" something that gets classified as "meh"? I'd say any increase in price:performance is good. It feels like you're trying to downplay how good the cards are....

Quantitatively and qualitatively your argument falls flat because I gave 3 good reasons why its a good card from watching LTT vs 1 average and 2 bad reasons. Seems like you just wanna a pick a fight where there is none to pick. Literally the only person to comment on this.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

you put words in Anthony's mouth and suddenly start saying better price:performance is a negative thing.

Literally in the same quote:

(not Anthony's words, but my sentiment from watching his review).

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

And the "it will sour recent RTX buyers with the refresh" argument is some of the most retarded shit I've heard all day. I absolutely hate this argument.

What's next, someone will say AMD shouldn't have released Ryzen 2 because it might have upset some Ryzen 1 buyers? If you're upset that you recently bought a one year old card and something slightly better got released recently then you're a moron who should not buy tech products, because clearly you will just get disappointed over and over again. Buy what you need, when you need it, and be happy with that. Don't get mad/sad if a better product gets released on the market shortly after because it's that way with all tech stuff.

I trust Steve from GN (who actually has professional technical experience on this stuff) more than a random elitist wannabe from the internet, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

Quantitatively and qualitatively your argument falls flat because I gave 3 good reasons why its a good card from watching LTT vs 1 average and 2 bad reasons. Seems like you just wanna a pick a fight where there is none to pick. Literally the only person to comment on this. 

How does my argument fall flat? I didn't say you said the cards were bad. I said it seemed to me like you tried to downplay how good the cards are because you're putting something that is positive in the "not good" category. It makes no sense putting it there, and the reviewer you're summarizing didn't even say it. Why did you even put value in quotes?

Imagine if I strolled into the Ryzen 2 thread and went "here is a summary of LTT's video on Ryzen 2, my sentiment from watching their review is that Ryzen 2 isn't all that good value for the money".

The 2070 Super has about 25% higher price:performance ratio than the 2080. How is 25% better value not a positive thing?

3 hours ago, Deus Voltage said:

I trust Steve from GN (who actually has professional technical experience on this stuff) more than a random elitist wannabe from the internet, thank you very much.

Why not use your own brain and think about it a little? Maybe you'll realize that it's like I said, that people who buy year old tech products should not get surprised and disappointed when a new model is released. It's a stupid argument.

We should not hold back progress because someone who bought the previous generation product might feel bad that the new model is better than the old one.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

How does my argument fall flat? I didn't say you said the cards were bad. I said it seemed to me like you tried to downplay how good the cards are because you're putting something that is positive in the "not good" category. It makes no sense putting it there, and the reviewer you're summarizing didn't even say it. Why did you even put value in quotes?

Imagine if I strolled into the Ryzen 2 thread and went "here is a summary of LTT's video on Ryzen 2, my sentiment from watching their review is that Ryzen 2 isn't all that good value for the money".

-Good "value", but not revolutionary (not Anthony's words, but my sentiment from watching his review).

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Why not use your own brain and think about it a little? Maybe you'll realize that it's like I said, that people who buy year old tech products should not get surprised and disappointed when a new model is released. It's a stupid argument.

About a few years ago, nVidia released the Titan xp. Reviewers rightfully complained because even though there was progress, it was confusing in terms of marketing for the consumers and it was released shortly after the release of the other pascal Titan (which, again was confusing for customers, but more importantly, unfair for those who just picked up a pascal titan). This isn't the case for the Super series (putting the arguably meh name aside), at least in terms of "progress." 

The point of contention with Super is that Nvidia is taking advantage (as they should from a business perspective, and as is their right) of the lack of competition to gauge their prices. Of course I'll downplay the super series for that reason. Funny thing is, that still didn't prevent me from posting the good reasons to buy it. Why? Because that would be unfair.

You on the other hand want to overplay the value of the cards. Either that, or you just love arguing with me (wink wink). 

One final point

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

We should not hold back progress because someone who bought the previous generation product might feel bad that the new model is better than the old one.

Again, your framing is highly suspicious to me.

I agree with the notion that progress can't be held back because someone bought previous generations of the same product. What I don't agree with is, in my opinion (take it or leave it), unfair practices towards consumers. You happen to think that it's not unfair, I happen to think that it is. Agree to disagree here. No point in running in circles.

Yeah, NVidia being unfair and not dropping prices (Intel is doing similar), and low supply/high demand on the other end (AMD) makes prices kinda stagnant. That's nothing to do with the Supers/current cards though (even from AMD) as these are starting to buck the trend (as competition kicks back in).

2 minutes ago, escobarrr said:

It's an exaggeration to release new card ranges every 6 months like this.

Start of RTX 20xx series sale was 09/20/2018. Now we have the start of the super sale at 07/09/2019. Thats 10 months, far away from 6, also its most likely a pushed forward release due to AMD taking shots at them with Navi. Its not even a new card range, its an update.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Ha? said:

A $200 premium for 29 seconds is not what I consider a worth while "little extra dough". This chart is also now outdated if navi on garbage early drivers is anything to judge by where your previous examples no longer seem to be valid at the same price point.

"The quicker it renders the quicker everyone gets to go home." Cooooombo breaker.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to ruin everybody's hype for the 2080 Super..but..

It's not the 2080ti 'lite' that everybody thought it might be. It's closer to the 2080 than it is to the 2080ti. And it's still using the TU104 which is what the 2080 uses. Sadly it seems like you should just buy the 5700 XT or 2070 Super instead.

It's only around 8% ahead of the normal 2080, and around 15%-ish ahead of the 2070 Super. And costs 40% more than the 2070 Super too. Not great if these results are anything to go by.

10 hours ago, MeatFeastMan said:

It's only around 8% ahead of the normal 2080, and around 15%-ish ahead of the 2070 Super. And costs 40% more than the 2070 Super too. Not great if these results are anything to go by.

That would make it almost par for the course on the scale of cost increase for the performance gain.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

That would make it almost par for the course on the scale of cost increase for the performance gain.  

It's almost like Nvidia is just filling out the product stack, in a segment they have just about zero competition in ?.

17 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

It's almost like Nvidia is just filling out the product stack, in a segment they have just about zero competition in ?.

and pricing accordingly.

2 hours ago, thorhammerz said:

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

and pricing accordingly.

Agreed, lol, In 6 months Nvidia might release the RTX Super Dooper cards.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

2 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

Poor NVIDIA, first they get in trouble for using stupid numbering nomenclature now they are getting laughed at for using stupid names. 

At least they haven't named them after Disney characters,  I wouldn't buy a card called the little mermaid or Tinker Bell.

7 hours ago, mr moose said:

Poor NVIDIA, first they get in trouble for using stupid numbering nomenclature now they are getting laughed at for using stupid names. 

At least they haven't named them after Disney characters,  I wouldn't buy a card called the little mermaid or Tinker Bell.

I don't know about you, but if they have a card come out called Mufasa, I will buy it without a single thought. When the box is opened it better say "remember who you are" in James Earl Jones's voice.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, MeatFeastMan said:

I don't want to ruin everybody's hype for the 2080 Super..but..

It's not the 2080ti 'lite' that everybody thought it might be. It's closer to the 2080 than it is to the 2080ti. And it's still using the TU104 which is what the 2080 uses. Sadly it seems like you should just buy the 5700 XT or 2070 Super instead.

I'd take those tweets with a shovel or two of salt. 

1) It's just rumors/leaks 

2) the person who tweeted that does not seem to be unbiased. I mean, their tweets are like 90% amd and they even have RADEON as their profile banner image. 

I am still of the opinion that they knew AMD was coming with the 5700/5700XT, knew the kind of performance they were going to put out, knew the pricing would be way more attractive but still went with, we are NVIDIA, we are gods.  With two mid range cards, AMD has seemingly knocked NVIDIA on their butts and it's almost like they don't know what to do other than name cards with dumb nomenclature and increase the price for the above reason.  Don't get me wrong, I have been an nvidia guy for a long time, but I like competition.  If two cards can cause this much ruckus, I hate to see what happens to NVIDIA when lets say a 5800 or 5900 comes out.  

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535

3 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I don't know about you, but if they have a card come out called Mufasa, I will buy it without a single thought. When the box is opened it better say "remember who you are" in James Earl Jones's voice.

I'd like to see a product collaboration with Gilbert Gottfried, the GPU complains profusely while it's under high load. 

4 hours ago, StealthArsenal said:

I am still of the opinion that they knew AMD was coming with the 5700/5700XT, knew the kind of performance they were going to put out, knew the pricing would be way more attractive but still went with, we are NVIDIA, we are gods.  With two mid range cards, AMD has seemingly knocked NVIDIA on their butts and it's almost like they don't know what to do other than name cards with dumb nomenclature and increase the price for the above reason.  Don't get me wrong, I have been an nvidia guy for a long time, but I like competition.  If two cards can cause this much ruckus, I hate to see what happens to NVIDIA when lets say a 5800 or 5900 comes out.  

Nvidia knew, Absolutely they knew.  Both AMD and Nvidia know what each other are doing and where they are at. Maybe not 100% but at least close enough to make major business calls preemptively.  

17 hours ago, MadAnt250 said:

I'm waiting for 2080 Arcade Edition tbh. 

30 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Nvidia knew, Absolutely they knew.  Both AMD and Nvidia know what each other are doing and where they are at. Maybe not 100% but at least close enough to make major business calls preemptively.  

You should read about the Nvidia and AMD price fixing debacle of 2008-ish.

17 minutes ago, pzspah said:

You should read about the Nvidia and AMD price fixing debacle of 2008-ish.

It's like I have been saying for the last god knows how long, all companies are the same,  the directors would sell out their own grandmothers for a few more dollars.