Move windows to a new drive?

levo2

My m.2 ssd 255gb is almost full. all it has is program files and windows. Im wondering if i get a new 500gb m.2 ssd can and how do I move all my old stuff from my old ssd to the new one including windows?

Do a clean isntall properly, don't be lazy.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Do a clean isntall properly, don't be lazy.

Can i do a clean install and keep my program files? (steam discord origin etc)

Yes you can connect both drives to system download win to HDD and do a system clone to your new drive. Simple

4 minutes ago, levo2 said:

Can i do a clean install and keep my program files? (steam discord origin etc)

Programs need to be reinstalled.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

39 minutes ago, levo2 said:

My m.2 ssd 255gb is almost full. all it has is program files and windows. Im wondering if i get a new 500gb m.2 ssd can and how do I move all my old stuff from my old ssd to the new one including windows?

wait what... why dont you just move the files over to the other drive and just let windows be ???

On 7/2/2019 at 3:11 AM, Norwegiantweaker said:

wait what... why dont you just move the files over to the other drive and just let windows be ???

Emm, because PCs have only one M.2 NVMe and one M.2 SATA?

When upgrading from 960 Evo 250GB to 970 Pro 1TB, I had to boot from HDD, use Veeam Agent to backup 960 Evo, then replace the drives, boot from HDD again and use Veeam Agent to deploy the backup.

On 7/2/2019 at 1:31 AM, levo2 said:

Well, if it's not a laptop, but regular desktop, do not move anything and just connect second ssd. You'll have more space. Move files like music, movies or even user profile to new drive and continue using your system.