Bored

Drocket

I do not like watching others play. Unless i am stuck on a level or something or I am looking for gameplay footage to see if i would like the game. 

I may give ARMA 3 a chance. 

As far as WoT, it is because I can just hop on and play a few rounds. I have a crap load of tanks and I am past the point where i feel i need to grind. 

And as far as certain kind of games... it really depends.  I have done MMORPG, FPS, driving, sports... i dont really have 1 certain genre i go to. I take that back, it's usually FPS types i gravitate towards. But i don't lock myself into only liking those. Hell I played LOTRO for 3 years EVERY DAY at one point. 

Find a friend.

Play game with friend. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

8 hours ago, Drocket said:

I do not like watching others play. Unless i am stuck on a level or something or I am looking for gameplay footage to see if i would like the game. 

This was the only reason I used to ever watch someone play a game. Until I found out about these guys...

They play pretty much every game that exists so they relate to a very massive audience. What makes them fun to watch is they usually suck at the games they play.

8 hours ago, Drocket said:

And as far as certain kind of games... it really depends.  I have done MMORPG, FPS, driving, sports... i dont really have 1 certain genre i go to. I take that back, it's usually FPS types i gravitate towards. But i don't lock myself into only liking those. Hell I played LOTRO for 3 years EVERY DAY at one point. 

You could just be burned out. Either that or you've grown out of playing video games in general. When these things happen, usually NOT playing any games for a while will make you miss playing them again. Then you'll play pretty much anything suggested to you for way more than 30 minutes.

On 7/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, Dr. Historic Low said:

Hmm...

Based on the games you listed, it seems your gaming genre is evolving. A few of the following games you might could get hooked to. 

Guns of Icarus Online $0.49 (90% Off)

Ultimate General Gettysburg $1.49 (90% Off)

Hard West $1.99 (90% Off)

PAYDAY 2 $2.49 (75% Off)

Arma 2 $2.59 (80% Off)

Day of Infamy $3.99 (80% Off)

Age of Empires II HD $4.99 (75% Off)

Tannenberg $9.99 (50% Off) $2.00 - $4.00 on eBay from random Humble subscriber trying to make up Humble monthly subscription

Arma 3 $10.19 (66% Off)

In order for games to provide more than 30 minutes of game play you simply have to play them for a couple of hours the first time you play them. Whether you like the game or not, just keep playing. Try to do the same the second time. And before you know it, you'll hit 100 hours in a week. There's a certain point in a game that hooks people. It's usually found in the first 1-5 hours of playing it. Skyrim and The Division got me at 5-6 hours and I hit 40 hours in the next few days in both games. 7 Days to Die got me at the 1-2 hour mark and I hit 80 hours in literally 3 days. I think you just need to try more games you've never played.

On a side note, if you beat GTA 5 in 2 weeks, why on earth are you not playing GTA 5 Online? It turns 2 weeks into 2 years, minimum.

$2 hard west.... so tempting but should i save the two bucks for my morning coffee? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

17 minutes ago, wasab said:

$2 hard west.... so tempting but should i save the two bucks for my morning coffee? 

Well, $2.00 is pretty much as low as it ever gets. It's worth it if you're into games like X-Com, Mutant Year Zero, Torment, Wasteland and Shadowrun yet looking for a cheaper alternative with a different theme.

Edit: Nevermind, was irrelevant to the topic.

Edited by ConfusedNewby
I wanted to change it a bit

Well, sorry for my earlier reply then. Different genres are good. I've been doing more Schmups/Bullet Hell games, versus FPS/Stealth games.