USB stick slow wifi??

ringo

On my case on front panel I connected couple of days ago my new USB wifi TP link 822n. Everything works great, internet speed is high and fluid. Today I connected usb storage stick next to that wifi on front panel and I noticed that my internet speed is slow. Both USB ports are USB 3.0 When I disconnect usb stick or connect it to USB 2.0 on front panel internet speed is high again. Is this normal? It si maxing usb power or somethng is broken? 

it depends if you're obscuring the wifi stick so that the signal can't get to it. fron panel USBs have a higher altitude and usually dont have anything obscuring them, but the usb 3.0s on ur motherboard are at the back of the computer, so there's a lot more material the signals have to get through. make sure nothing is in the way of the wifi stick 

no, signal is always on max level, wifi stick is always on same place. My front panel (case is define R5) layout is: 

1  2   3  4

1 and 2 are USB 2.0, 3 and 4 are USB 3.0

Running speedtest.net:

If wifi stick and usb stick are both in USB 3.0 (3 and 4) speed test doesn t start and I can t surf internet.

When usb storage stick is 2 and wifi stick is 3 or 4 everything is great.

9 minutes ago, ringo said:

no, signal is always on max level, wifi stick is always on same place. My front panel (case is define R5) layout is: 

1  2   3  4

1 and 2 are USB 2.0, 3 and 4 are USB 3.0

Running speedtest.net:

If wifi stick and usb stick are both in USB 3.0 (3 and 4) speed test doesn t start and I can t surf internet.

When usb storage stick is 2 and wifi stick is 3 or 4 everything is great.

usb 3.0 has a different cable connecting to the motherboard than usb2.0, so maybe the computer is prioritizing the storage usb bandwidth to be higher so it transfers as fast as possible, leaving little bandwidth for the wifi stick. other than that, just have the usb stick separate from any other and you should be fine 

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread, here is the current situation:

On back of my mobo I have connected wireless usb adapter and it works great (in first post it was connected at front). If I connect USB stick on front panel of my case and start to use usb stick my internet speed becomes very slow. I am still on BIOS 4204 (x470-f strix) and I am using my old windwos (version 1703) installation from my previous mbo. Should I update BIOS and reinstall Windows? Also when updating BIOS I just put it on stick and update through BIOS, as far as I seen there si no bridge BIOS so I can safely update to latest version?

From other forum I got this answer:

"Actually it looks to be more of an issue with the base tech itself that USB3 causes massive RF interference on the 2.4 GHZ spectrum. Here's a report: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html"

So no solution? Has anyone here got this problem?