My Samsungs Super Ultrawide CHG90 flicker´s

Good Day Lady´s and Gent´s,
I am in desperate need of help. 
Ever since the LTT video about the CHG90 i realy wanted to upgrade to this monitor, so after saving for some months i finaly bouhgt one last month.

the display is fantastic and i realy enjoy the super ultra wide experiance however i cant get freesync2 to work with my setup. (asus h87 pro, i7 4700, 16gb ram, gtx 1070ti windows 10).

When i enable freesync2 Ultimate Engine (standart kinda just dont work... also no lfc on standart mode) i get extrem screen flickering in some games and funny horizontal lines in other´s. For example in Witcher 3 i get horizontal lines (green looking) and just a bit of flickering, in league of legends on the other hand i get EXTREM flickering... to the point i get a headache :/

at first i upgraded the monitor firmware + a clean windows 10 install, still the same problems.

then i contacted samsung costumer service, they send over a technician. he also see the problem and changed the mainboard and the power supply inside the monitor. this fixed it for 10 minutes, after that i got the same problem again....
so i thought: ok, this thing is just broken and i RMA´d it to amazon and got a new one.
well the new Samsung monitor (LC49hG60DMUXEN) arrived 2 days ago and this thing has the SAME problem as the last one... absolutely no differnce at all -.-
well ok then i thought to myself, it´s maybe the crappy display port cabel. so i bought a new one that is DisplayPort 1.4 VESA certified. and it´s still the same sh*t.
so far the internet was also of no help (googl´d for a while), some ppl say they have no problems with freesync on this monitor other complain that this dispaly is shit.

i am kinda out of idears.

Is it my old cpu? is it just buggy with g-sync compatible?

if anyone out there has ANY idears or got this display to work i beg for your help!

maybe this seems a pit picky to you but for 1000€ i kinda expact a display that works as advertised. also freesync/gsync make things feel so much smother!

thank you for reading this and my deepest apologies for the bad grammer, sadly english isent  my nativ tounge. 

Freesync & Gsync not the same thing are they? Don't believe a 1070ti would support freesync or that your monitor would support gsync.

Here is a link to the old windmill demo for freesync (private link so maybe test for viruses). Probably a better way to see whats happening than a game.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

@keskparane
Freesync & Gsync not the same thing <-- Sir you are right! they are not the same. but since some months now Nvidia supports amd freesync, they call it "g sync compatible" which is basicly freesync :)
I also palyed a bit with CRU (custom resolution utility) and changed the freesync ranges, that also didn´t help. (try´d 30-144 and 56-144)
I will download that and try the demo, Nvidia´s pendulum demo also has flickering (
similar to the windmill demo)

Edit: sadly the windmill demo only works on amd graphics card, cant turn freesync on, thank you very much for the link tho! i appreciate the help and effort

I expect that if it works for some there is some magic combination of settings. Just finding which ones might be a bit difficult

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

• 2 months later...

I have same problem. Samsung CHG90 not support LFC (FreeSync 2: Low Framerate Compensation)

I tested with AMD Asus Vega 64 and Nvidia Asus 2080 Ti. Ultimate Engine(LFC) not working. Only flickering.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:25 PM, keskparane said:

Freesync & Gsync not the same thing are they? Don't believe a 1070ti would support freesync or that your monitor would support gsync.

Here is a link to the old windmill demo for freesync (private link so maybe test for viruses). Probably a better way to see whats happening than a game.

Yes and that monitor is advertised as Freesync instead of pay-sync.  Try a DDU so you can come in clean and install drivers fresh.  Then give it a try.  If still happening try a different cable.  if still doesn't work come back here and lets see what options we have and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

• 1 month later...

@Turtle Rig Hey, sorry for the late reply. 
E-Mail got in the Spam folder...
Anyways just in case you will still read this (probly not but thats my fault i guess?). 

Try a DDU so you can come in clean and install drivers fresh. --> tryed that, didnt worked

If still happening try a different cable. --> tryed that with 3 different cables (one was even VESA certified), didnt work

I am completly out of idears... right know i plan to swtich over to AMD to get Freesync with this panel, can't live without it... looks so damn smooth with Freesync!
But if @McHammer is right and even that dosent help then R.I.P me  i guess; normaly i would just RMA it but i already did so once. and i dont think amazon is willing to do it again... they already "lost" 750€ on me. 
What do you guys think?