Left 4 Dead 2 in Source 2 Engine Leaks

TheRuke

i realy hope it is going to look that good. that is freaking awesome. Just imagine garrysmod in source 2 haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

pardon my ignorance/stupidity but will this update be free for L4D2 or will we have to buy another copy?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

HL3 Mantle Optimized? :D

If that was true. OMG +1000000000000000 for AMD

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

pardon my ignorance/stupidity but will this update be free for L4D2 or will we have to buy another copy?

Should be free...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

HL3 Mantle Optimized? :D

HL3 Mantle Linux.

Mmmmmhhhhh

so yummy.

but i looks SO GOOWD!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

oh man.. best news ive heard in a while, hope its true.. and Source 2 Mantle support would be awesome 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Best thing to leak ever.

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

That looks awesome!

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

We still don't even know if this is real haha

"The internet is a series of tubes"

i think its more of a techdemo for the source 2 engine, one level from pre existing games to show the benefits of the new engine etc

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

i just hope they fix the level loading problem. 

walking down a hall and all the sudden the game shudders and you enter a loading screen. 

need to be like Skyrim were the level loads and de-loads around you, until you enter a room

i was watching Cryotic play a HL2 mod and he predicted when there was going to be a loading screen. 

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

i just hope they fix the level loading problem. 

walking down a hall and all the sudden the game shudders and you enter a loading screen. 

need to be like Skyrim were the level loads and de-loads around you, until you enter a room

This engine is a decade old.  Back then machines didn't have the ram to slipstream the next part of the level into memory in the background.  It's not a fix - it's a feature impossible long ago but with modern machines a breeze.  If source-2 doesn't include streaming gigantic levels then we're all doomed.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

i5 3570K @ 4.3, Dual GTX780, 3x 1080 27" samsung cheap displays.

512 Samsung SSD with 1TB green, 2TB green, and 2x3TB Red, 4x4TB Red.

If remember correctly Valve said that for the gap between HL1 and HL2 most of the time was spent on developing the source engine, and comparatively less time on HL2 content.

Hmmm, i don't see Portal 3 in the list, sad!

It's very unlikely that Valve would spend their time porting an old game to a new engine with the level of detail shown in this screenshot, that's a lot of manhours which could be spent on new projects. It's something that the mod community may do but I don't see Valve doing it.

wow awesome news they have been working on the soruce 2 engine since like 2010

anyways i beleive they will make something like the orange box maybe call it blue box or something which will come with L4D3 TF3 Portal3 and Halflife 3

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

They are working on a game ( Left 4 dead 3 ) to roll out source 2 with. They are also working on hl3, but no idea when it will be released, probably after l4d.

leak of l4d and source 2 engine files was made a while ago, even gaben comfirmed that they are working on new engine and new game to roll it out with

he also comfirmed they are also working on richochet 2 ( half life 3 codename ), but wont come anytime soon

Wow awesome improvements ! And the new games ! Half life 3 ! L4d3 !! The horde is coming !!

In b4: "hl3 stop responding".

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Would companies like valve really use microsoft office powerpoint?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

hmmm now Source looks like a viable game engine :|

Character artist in the Games industry.

I hope this is a free update for the original version of lef 4 dead. Or at least a DLC that doesn't cost full price.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I hope the lightning, vegetation and destruction won't be scripted, it could be amazing to see everything react to you.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3