Left 4 Dead 2 in Source 2 Engine Leaks

TheRuke

OMFG that's exciting.

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I wouldn't mind seeing a non-cartoonish Team Fortress. Back to the roots!

Team_Fortress_Classic_original_models.jp

That would be intersecting yet I think that the current cartoony characters have become far too iconic for the game to be changed, however seeing the being much more detailed but keeping the cartoony style would be awesome :)

If and when HL3 comes out, I hope people aren't sorely disappointed. 

So much build up, so much anticipation, so much hype on something never confirmed.

Nothing to see here - move along.

If and when HL2 comes out, I hope people aren't sorely disappointed. 

So much build up, so much anticipation, so much hype on something never confirmed.

HL2 is out...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I think a less cartoony TF3 would be nice...  But what I seriously want is Unreal 4.  I loved Unreal from 1996 and it had great graphics,  Top end for it's time.  Whichever comes I want the best graphics ever and it be well optimized.  Perfect for Anyone with sizeable hardware!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Agreed this would be nice to see. But we gotta have our fellow drunk scotsman in there :D

HL2 is out...

Quick, fuck it, edit. HL3.

Ops. Thanks Ruke, that was a close one.  I almost looked stupid. (Or drunk)

Nothing to see here - move along.

GabeN already confirmed they were working on Source Engine 2 a while ago. I think it was 4chan/v that went but i am not sure. I do know that some group of people from some site like 4chan went and visited valve and talked to GabeN and he told them himself that Valve was working on a new engine. They've obviously been holding games off until the new engine was done. If it really is Source 2 that's pictured than I am really pumped. I've been waiting forever for Valve to show off the new engine.

GabeN already confirmed they were working on Source Engine 2 a while ago. I think it was 4chan/v that went but i am not sure. I do know that some group of people from some site like 4chan went and visited valve and talked to GabeN and he told them himself that Valve was working on a new engine. They've obviously been holding games off until the new engine was done. If it really is Source 2 that's pictured than I am really pumped. I've been waiting forever for Valve to show off the new engine.

Well a new engine was inevitable but these leaks with pictures of the improvements is amazing! I am pumped too.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1266816&p=43691437&viewfull=1#post43691437  :huh: what if half life 3 was already done in source engine but because of all the hype and outdated engine valve decided to not release it???   :P  :P  :P

Yeah and what Gordon aged in the game & looked like this:

half-life-3-2.png

Case: CoolerMaster CM 690 II (ver.2) *** PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 700W *** CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad QX9650 3 Ghz 12 Mb L2 Cache *** MoBo: Asus Striker Formula II *** GPU: ASUS ENGTX570 DirectCU II *** RAM: 4x Corsair Dominator 1GB DDR2 RAM 1066MHz PC2-8500 240-Pin DIMM CMX21024-8500C5D *** HDDs: Corsair Force Gt 240Gb SSD & Western Digital 2TB Green SATA II HDD *** Creative SOUND BLASTER Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional PCIe *** Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Black *** Keyboard: Roccat Arvo *** LCD: LG M2380D

Yeah and what Gordon aged in the game looked like this:

half-life-3-2.png

I see he has gained a little weight. Too much Nectar of the gods and Hot Pockets probably :P

A logical step would be releasing a Source 2 game on Steam OS making it a Steam OS exclusive or give a good reason for installing it on Steam OS - like better performance etc. I wouldn't be suprised at all.

valve has already said they are not going to make exclusive steamOS games but it wouldn't allow other to do so 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'd rather have L4D3 and TF3 than HL3  ;)

Bring on all the threes. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

It looks great! It would be great if they updated L4D2 with the new source 2 engine. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

holy hell thats sick

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Half Life 3 Confirmed!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

They will probably finish the engine before Mantle releases. LOL.

or: better yet:

Mantle + Source 2!

maybe that's why mantle's been delayed?

or: better yet:

Mantle + Source 2!

maybe that's why mantle's been delayed?

HL3 Mantle Optimized? :D