Xbox One Controller Locked in DFU mode

MastuhWaffles

So thanks to scumbag microsoft my xbox one controller is locked in DFU mode.

The controller will not turn on, regardless connected to USB, and holding buttons ETC...

Here is what my PC sees it as.

ripcontrol.png.90e9db75a836b5d0ea24c3acb26d8bbb.png

In windows 10 it also sees it here.

ripx2.png.738c7d42175dbc48b34d141537c8533b.png

I have the regular xbox one controller drivers, but trying to put them into the controller typical microsoft makes it say "windows has already found the best drivers".

This controller works fine, but I need to get it working again because every windows update breaks my other one.

You may have to update the controller via the Xbox Accessories app for Windows 10.

Connect your controller and click the "update" prompt. This should fix the controller and get it out of DFU mode.

I like working, playing videos games and listening to music. In my spare time I also love to read books. 

Always willing to learn new tech and improve my knowledge.

On 6/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, Avionon said:

You may have to update the controller via the Xbox Accessories app for Windows 10.

Connect your controller and click the "update" prompt. This should fix the controller and get it out of DFU mode.

So the Microsoft Accessories app was what locked it in DFU mode. It doesnt detect it now in the app. I tried to update it and thats how it got locked.

9 hours ago, MastuhWaffles said:

So the Microsoft Accessories app was what locked it in DFU mode. It doesnt detect it now in the app. I tried to update it and thats how it got locked.

Strange, have you checked on the web for others advice or ways they resolved this problem?

Click here. See if this helps at all.

Or, alternatively, click here for a Microsoft Forums thread that has an answered method to fix this problem.

I like working, playing videos games and listening to music. In my spare time I also love to read books. 

7 hours ago, Avionon said:

Strange, have you checked on the web for others advice or ways they resolved this problem?

Click here. See if this helps at all.

Or, alternatively, click here for a Microsoft Forums thread that has an answered method to fix this problem.

Ive tried the virtual machine method, but cant get it to work its a huge pain.

11 minutes ago, MastuhWaffles said:

Unfortunately, I'm all out of ways to sort of help you with this issue.

I would now strongly suggest contacting Microsoft's Contact Us page and requesting for help that way if you haven't already. I'm just following the Xbox Ambassador protocol at this point, so I hope this helps in some way.

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, MastuhWaffles said:

Ugh. Found my way here after the VM method turned up a dead end for me, too. Did you ever find a way? 

I can't get the VM to see the controller because it says it's busy with a previous request. 

Can't believe MS have allowed this to happen! Their damn updater is bricking loads of controllers and has been doing it for years! 

On 7/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, MastuhWaffles said:

Hey, just to let you know the VM route eventually did work for me after I found this tip for getting USB devices to pass through the VirtualBox VM correctly. 

https://superuser.com/questions/1136607/virtualbox-usb-capture-issue-windows-7-host-guest

Hope it helps you.