AMD Radeon settings not launching

Go to solution Solved by BudgiePanic,

After updating to windows version 1903, The software started working again, very strange.

Hello forum,

Whenever I try to launch the AMD Radeon settings program on my computer, the program immediately crashes. This means I'm unable to access Graphics settings and features like ReLive. :(

The last time I know for certain that the program was working was back in late April. My PC has an RX580. The card itself works fine, and can still play games and stuff. It's just the program that doesn't work.

I've tried the following fixes (none have worked):

-Uninstall + reinstall AMD Radeon settings (using the uninstall tool, which does still work)

-Go back to earlier version of the program

The video below shows the program crashing in action. It will appear very briefly in task manager before disappearing:

Also of note:

now when I launch my GPU overclocking software, I get this error message

debug1.PNG.fe73d38b6c477f4b0f228b35efd8f4b0.PNG

Any help with this would be appreciated :D

Try using DDU to uninstall the drivers then get the latest driver from Amd's website.

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

4 hours ago, Lemtea said:

Try using DDU to uninstall the drivers then get the latest driver from Amd's website.

Ok, I did that. Problem still not solved. Still has the exact same behavior as before. Launch the program, it briefly shows up in task manager then disappears.

21 hours ago, BudgiePanic said:

Ok, I did that. Problem still not solved. Still has the exact same behavior as before. Launch the program, it briefly shows up in task manager then disappears.

Do you have another windows install on a drive that you could try? If not it might be worth reinstalling windows.

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

• 2 weeks later...

After updating to windows version 1903, The software started working again, very strange.