Spoiler bug

Sauron
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

That's an interesting issue. When you select text, a new element is added at the end of your selection to help position the "quote this" popup. That element is normally completely invisible. However, when you click the spoiler toggle, the contents of any elements within a part of the header are replaced with the new spoiler text, so if the new element is there it will also get updated. You have to get the selection exactly right though - any tighter and it will get lost when the header is updated; any wider and it is no longer within the necessary part of the header.

I will report this to IPS because there are other subtle things that I don't really like about this implementation, but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

image.png.4213cfa1581193efbf5a80ad533db8bf.png

image.png.b68f5ccf60feeedabe424abd6eae8081.png

opening and closing spoilers a few times in a row causes this effect.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

what device/browser are you on? it's working fine here on PC and iOS (both chrome) o_o

Firefox on Linux. Might have something to do with the quote?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

oh hmm hang on. tested your original comment, lol ,_,

EDIT: still OK though o_o

I just managed to reproduce it on the original comment

image.png.33dcbcc5973d1bfafe6162eb78f805a6.png

try some spam clicking, it doesn't seem very consistent

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

mmmmnnn can't seem to reproduce it on my end ,_, tested on Firefox on Windows 10 as well

maybe wait for mort to see this thread? not sure if plugin, or web renderer refresh collision(?? might be making this up ,_,)

None of my plugins are active on the forum ?‍♂️

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's an interesting issue. When you select text, a new element is added at the end of your selection to help position the "quote this" popup. That element is normally completely invisible. However, when you click the spoiler toggle, the contents of any elements within a part of the header are replaced with the new spoiler text, so if the new element is there it will also get updated. You have to get the selection exactly right though - any tighter and it will get lost when the header is updated; any wider and it is no longer within the necessary part of the header.

I will report this to IPS because there are other subtle things that I don't really like about this implementation, but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

I think there are bigger issues than that, mortis

IMG_20190626_095140_997.jpg.c7015e376377110b5f3b81d3245f4c6f.jpg