Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Please check recent topics before posting - we have had a lot of duplicates
Sauron

Spoiler bug

That's an interesting issue. When you select text, a new element is added at the end of your selection to help position the "quote this" popup. That element is normally completely invisible. However, when you click the spoiler toggle, the contents of any elements within a part of the header are replaced with the new spoiler text, so if the new element is there it will also get updated. You have to get the selection exactly right though - any tighter and it will get lost when the header is updated; any wider and it is no longer within the necessary part of the header.

I will report this to IPS because there are other subtle things that I don't really like about this implementation, but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

Posted · Original PosterOP

image.png.4213cfa1581193efbf5a80ad533db8bf.png

image.png.b68f5ccf60feeedabe424abd6eae8081.png

opening and closing spoilers a few times in a row causes this effect.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

what device/browser are you on? it's working fine here on PC and iOS (both chrome) o_o

Firefox on Linux. Might have something to do with the quote?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Firefox on Linux. Might have something to do with the quote?

oh hmm hang on. tested your original comment, lol ,_,

EDIT: still OK though o_o

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

oh hmm hang on. tested your original comment, lol ,_,

EDIT: still OK though o_o

I just managed to reproduce it on the original comment

image.png.33dcbcc5973d1bfafe6162eb78f805a6.png

try some spam clicking, it doesn't seem very consistent

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

mmmmnnn can't seem to reproduce it on my end ,_, tested on Firefox on Windows 10 as well

maybe wait for mort to see this thread? not sure if plugin, or web renderer refresh collision(?? might be making this up ,_,)

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

mmmmnnn can't seem to reproduce it on my end ,_, tested on Firefox on Windows 10 as well

maybe wait for mort to see this thread? not sure if plugin, or web renderer refresh collision(?? might be making this up ,_,)

None of my plugins are active on the forum 🤷‍♂️

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

Posted · Best Answer

That's an interesting issue. When you select text, a new element is added at the end of your selection to help position the "quote this" popup. That element is normally completely invisible. However, when you click the spoiler toggle, the contents of any elements within a part of the header are replaced with the new spoiler text, so if the new element is there it will also get updated. You have to get the selection exactly right though - any tighter and it will get lost when the header is updated; any wider and it is no longer within the necessary part of the header.

I will report this to IPS because there are other subtle things that I don't really like about this implementation, but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

HTTP/2 203

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

but it may well not be fixed soon because it is just a hard-to-hit cosmetic issue.

I think there are bigger issues than that, mortis

IMG_20190626_095140_997.jpg.c7015e376377110b5f3b81d3245f4c6f.jpg