Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dinesh1

Is this hard disk capable of playing aaa games

11 minutes ago, Dinesh1 said:

5200 rpm

Technically, yes, although will be very slow to load large levels, and task manager will show the drive hitting 100% disk usage most of the time. In fact, merely logging into Windows will cause it to hit 100% disk usage.

Desktop: i7-4790k Build - ALMOST COMPLETE Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell Unlimited National Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: HP Touchpad (Android) | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

So, a storage device unless CRAZY slow will never make it so you can't play games. It will as @kirashisaid just load the game and levels pretty slowly. Its possible if its SO slow, you will get texture pop in as they load into RAM and VRAM, but, technically, yes it will work...

I guess the real question here is what are your system specs. If you are trying to play modern triple A tittles, you need a relatively "decent" computer, and smaller SSD's are very cheap these days in respect to the total PC's price. For 30 bucks you can get a 250 GB SSD that would be "enough" to store a few solid AAA games on...

Like this https://smile.amazon.com/Kingston-240GB-Solid-SA400S37-240G/dp/B01N5IB20Q/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=256+ssd&qid=1561525170&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Rig: i7 8700k @5GHz 1.300v - - MSI 390-A-Pro - - EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra @1985 MHz Core - - 4x8GB Vengeance Pro 3000 MHz - - Samsung 950 Pro 512 NVMe - - Samsung 830 Pro 256 RAID 0 - - Corsair RM650i - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - -  EK Supremacy Evo - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK Full Cover GPU Block - - EK XRES RGB PWM- - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx - - CEntrance HiFi-M8 - - Steel Series QcK XXL

Homelab/ Media Server: HPE Proliant ML10 Gen 9 backbone -- i3 6100 -- 28 GB ECC -- 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2-- Corsair 750D -- Corsair RM650i -- Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA -- Intel RES2SV240 24 port SAS Expander for Freenas passthrough via vt-d -- 840 Evo 128 ESXi Boot + VM Boot -- 840 Evo 128 ESXi Backup

White Lightning (original full watercooled build) - Homelab / Media Server - The Blue Beast (my car and other expensive hobby...) - iPhone Xs - Happy Windows 10 x64 user

you already have this drive in your pc, what's the point of asking here when you can literally just try?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Posted · Original PosterOP
30 minutes ago, Sauron said:

you already have this drive in your pc, what's the point of asking here when you can literally just 

I have files in it 

I have to delete

Or buy new

Buy ssd 🤣 But yes you can use that HDD, but the money spend on a SSD would be worth it and you can use it in a new build.

Ryzen 2700X - Crosshair VII Hero - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - 3200@CL14, 1.35v  

EVGA BE SC 1080 Ti - Samsung EVO 960 500GB - EVGA 750 G3 - Design R6 TG blackout

Cooling: 3x NF-S12A in front - Kraken X62 on CPU (2x NF-A14) - Kraken X42 on GPU (1x NF-A14)