Can I change the sped of my case fans?

MrCheeze

So I am trying to change the speed of my case fans so that my two 2080 tis can get more fresh air, ive tried speed fan but it did not work, the fans are connected to the included fan hub in the nzxt h700i, but i could change it to the fan headers on the mobo. Would changing it to the headers on my mobo work do you think? 

thanks, cheeze

18 minutes ago, MrCheeze said:

So I am trying to change the speed of my case fans so that my two 2080 tis can get more fresh air, ive tried speed fan but it did not work, the fans are connected to the included fan hub in the nzxt h700i, but i could change it to the fan headers on the mobo. Would changing it to the headers on my mobo work do you think? 

thanks, cheeze

If its a 4-pin then yes you can control the fan speed.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Speedfan works. You gotta set it up first. Watch youtube. Jay2cent did a good one 2 years ago.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Which motherboard? SpeedFan and other software only work when you have fans connected directly to the motherboard. If you are using built-in hub on case, refer to case's manual to see if you can connect whole hub to mobo. Or if you need to use USB controlled software aka CAM.

To all reading this thread, both 3pin and 4pin fans can be controlled on most motherboards. Mobo determines that, not fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The case fan hub needs to be connected to your motherboard and you need CAM to control the fans. https://www.nzxt.com/camapp

If you connect the fans to your motherboard, you can use the motherboard's fan controls instead. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.