ALC1220 vs ALC892 for Edifier S350DB

Vortez

Hi guys i have question about integrated audio is it worth to pay extra 58 euros for ALC1220 codec instead of ALC892 for Edifier S350DB 2.1 PC sound system. These are good quality speakers question is will i hear the difference in terms of sound quality between those two audio integrated codecs ? 

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Vortez said:

?

I would healp but I dont know anything about those codecs I just use are DSD and FLAC  and various bluetooth codecs maybe @Derkoli knows. as much as I hate to admit it this forum's regulars technical knowledge including mine is fairly limited. 

If you're using the digital inputs (Bluetooth, optical, coaxial), no.

If you're using the analog inputs (RCA/3.5mm), still probably not, unless your motherboard has a particularly bad implementation of the codec.

The speakers you're using use standard off-the-shelf Class D amplifiers which produce more noise and distortion than either Realtek codec will. On top of that, the analog input likely goes into the speaker's codec for DSP, and that ADC is more likely to be a bottleneck than the Realtek.

20 hours ago, Vortez said:

Hi guys i have question about integrated audio is it worth to pay extra 58 euros for ALC1220 codec instead of ALC892 for Edifier S350DB 2.1 PC sound system. These are good quality speakers question is will i hear the difference in terms of sound quality between those two audio integrated codecs ? 

Thanks!

ALC1220 will sound better, but the speakers induce distortion and the class D amps wont be flat in response either. Take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6ti04z/audio_codecs_on_am4_motherboards_alc892_vs/

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)