Condenser Mircophone

Cmgroft

Hello, Im looking into getting a condenser microphone for recording, streaming, talking ect.. I have been recommended the AKG C214 and the AT4040. I am having trouble picking one of them to go with so I wanted to get other opinions on either of the mics. I can get both for the same price and both of them would fit my needs. What are things you like about either of them or one over the other? Any opinions on either mic or other condenser microphones in this price range would be appreciated, thank you.

So between the c214 and the 4040 I would pick the 4040 but I just personally like the sound. But why are you going for either of those? There are much cheaper options that in my mind are just as good. Such as the 2035 from AT. 

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

1 hour ago, Kdog said:

So between the c214 and the 4040 I would pick the 4040 but I just personally like the sound. But why are you going for either of those? There are much cheaper options that in my mind are just as good. Such as the 2035 from AT. 

I have definitely considered the at2035. Mainly because I can get either the 4040 or c214 for $200 currently which is only $50 above the 2035

19 hours ago, Cmgroft said:

I have definitely considered the at2035. Mainly because I can get either the 4040 or c214 for $200 currently which is only $50 above the 2035

Ah okay, for only $50 more I would pick the 4040. It's a much more versatile mic than the c214 and I believe has a bit more detail in both the highs and the lows.

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

54 minutes ago, Kdog said:

Ah okay, for only $50 more I would pick the 4040. It's a much more versatile mic than the c214 and I believe has a bit more detail in both the highs and the lows.

Thats what I am hearing a of. I also listened to a alot of samples of both the c214 and at4040 and personally I think the 4040 sounds better for vocals

MXL V67G or Behringer C-1

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage