Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idkwhat2putheresowhatever

VT-x error on all virtual machines

Posted · Original PosterOP

For some reason when I tried using my virtual machines a while ago (Memu and Virtualbox) they all said that virtualisation or vt-x was not enabled. I have went into my bios and enabled both virtualisation and vt-d but to no avail. Many suggested disabling hyper-v but I have already did. I have attached the screenshot of the Windows features page. It might be the motherboard as I have RMA'ed it and updated the BIOS. The motherboard is an Asrock H310m-G/M.2

Screenshot (84).png

Nothing is here hehe 

8 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

RMA'ed it and updated the BIOS

Some of those options are enabled in the BIOS. Check there for starters?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Some of those options are enabled in the BIOS. Check there for starters?

I have enabled this an Intel Virtualisation technology. (I cant post the other pic here for some reason)

20190625_222855.jpg

Nothing is here hehe 

What's important here isn't so much the motherboard but that your CPU supports VT-x/VT-d. If your profile is accurate your CPU does support both so I'm lead to believe there is an issue within Windows.

Did you install Windows yourself? Was this a pre-build? It's possible certain features could be disabled within Windows.

Also are you on Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

11 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What's important here isn't so much the motherboard but that your CPU supports VT-x/VT-d. If your profile is accurate your CPU does support both so I'm lead to believe there is an issue within Windows.

Did you install Windows yourself? Was this a pre-build? It's possible certain features could be disabled within Windows.

Also are you on Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

This was a prebuilt but I installed Windows myself. Its a retail version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. And it is the one on my profile which has an i7-8700 which does support VT-x and VT-d supposedly. I have checked with the Leomoon thingy and it says it is supported and enabled.

Nothing is here hehe 

8 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

This was a prebuilt but I installed Windows myself. Its a retail version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. And it is the one on my profile which has an i7-8700 which does support VT-x and VT-d supposedly. I have checked with the Leomoon thingy and it says it is supported and enabled.

If you go to Task Manager > Performance > CPU, under "Virtualization: " what does it say?

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If you go to Task Manager > Performance > CPU, under "Virtualization: " what does it say?

It says enabled

Nothing is here hehe 

4 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

It says enabled

3 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

The error virtualbox gives

So the CPU supports it, Windows detects that it's enabled, but VB just isn't having it. I would try re-installing VB. Make sure you install the 64-bit version.

12 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

So the CPU supports it, Windows detects that it's enabled, but VB just isn't having it. I would try re-installing VB. Make sure you install the 64-bit version.

Yea ill try this tomorrow. But it seems that other virtualisation applications also dont detect VT-x.

Nothing is here hehe 

10 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

Yea ill try this tomorrow. But it seems that other virtualisation applications also dont detect VT-x.

If it is enabled in the BIOS I can only assume this is a Windows issue. I'm not sure what else to try besides re-installing the applications. I've worked with VB before on W10 Pro x64 and it's usually as easy as enabling VT-x(and/or VT-d) and you're good to go.

I've seen this happen because another hypervisor is currently active, but Hyper-V is currently inactive. You've probably already tried a restart, try safe mode and see what that does?