Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maxb89

Gigabyte b450m ds3h vs Asrock b450 pro4

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am doing my first PC build for gaming. My budget is around £500. I am deciding between the Gigabyte b450m ds3h or the Asrock b450 pro4. Or are there any other better motherboards under around £70?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the pro4 is the better board, alternatively the X370-pro is much better for 76 pounds.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The DS3H bios is f%$ed up since F30, i downgraded to F4 which seem to be the most stable. With F30,F31 and F32 sound was not working even through the GPU and F40 was not even stable with stock settings... Gigabyte B450M DS3H, Ryzen 2400G, Nitro+ RX 580, Team Vulcan 3000mhz 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Maxb89 said:

I am doing my first PC build for gaming. My budget is around £500. I am deciding between the Gigabyte b450m ds3h or the Asrock b450 pro4. Or are there any other better motherboards under around £70?

The b450 Pro4 is the better board. Assuming you live in europe, you can get the AsRock X370 pro motherboard for under $70, which is even better.


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boinbo said:

The b450 Pro4 is the better board. Assuming you live in europe, you can get the AsRock X370 pro motherboard for under $70, which is even better.

asus, not asrock.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

asus, not asrock.

I meant the X370m Pro4 which is 63 pounds. And it's from asrock. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock - X370M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard £63.31 @ Egenisys
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £63.31
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-25 15:11 BST+0100  

 


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boinbo said:

I meant the X370m Pro4 which is 63 pounds. And it's from asrock. 

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock - X370M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard £63.31 @ Egenisys
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total £63.31
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-25 15:11 BST+0100  

 

oh. it's not actually any better though, it's just a B350M Pro4 with an X370 chipset.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

oh. it's not actually any better though, it's just a B350M Pro4 with an X370 chipset.

Oh. How do you know though? Like, where did you learn that? I didn't realize it was.


Just say @Boinbo if you need me! I'll be limited to GPU, CPU, general discussion, peripherals, and new builds and planning though. I'm a potato.

System specs:

Laptop with core i3 4030u 

Integrated HD 4400 GPU 113MB

768p 14" screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boinbo said:

Oh. How do you know though? Like, where did you learn that? I didn't realize it was.

the spec page is completely identical, same with the appearance. mobo manufacturers seem to like doing this with AM4 boards, which is why you see shit like all the 300-series chipsets having the same HDV board from asrock.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that if you buy a 300 chipset you will need a Ryzen 1000 to update the bios if you plan to use a 2000 or 3000 Ryzen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Don't forget that if you buy a 300 chipset you will need a Ryzen 1000 to update the bios if you plan to use a 2000 or 3000 Ryzen.

this is not always necessary, BIOS may already be updated from the factory.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always depends on when the motherboard was produced and have been laying on the shelf, but its most likely he will need to update it then not having to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Always depends on when the motherboard was produced and have been laying on the shelf, but its most likely he will need to update it then not having to.
 

192.168.1.2

Thanks, for sharing the information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×