Should I upgrade my GPU?

I have a Nvidia GTX 960 for 3 years, and it can run most games fine. I’m just wondering is it a good idea to upgrade to something better(I have an I7-8700 CPU)

4 minutes ago, ConfusedNewby said:

I have a Nvidia GTX 960 for 3 years, and it can run most games fine. I’m just wondering is it a good idea to upgrade to something better(I have an I7-8700 CPU)

Depends on how happy or unhappy you are with your current set up. 960 is getting old, but if you feel it runs fine then be happy

What screen do you have?

Seems to me you just want to upgrade because you can, or because of trends. If it's fine, it's fine...

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Well its not an HD monitor (1920x1080) so i doubt you really need to upgrade.

sidenote: seems like a weird cpu gpu pairing to me.

1 hour ago, ConfusedNewby said:

Well, it depends on your use case, gaming, it depends on the game. Although that would be different if you also grabbed a better monitor. If you are modelling or rendering, you need all the horsepower you can get, otherwise upgrade your monitor first.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

To decide if you need a GPU upgrade first consider if you need a monitor upgrade, if yes then you may need a more powerful GPU to either pump out more frames, fill more pixel real estate or both!

If no then consider the FPS you get (min FPS and average are good indicators, not max) and your gaming experieice. If you can’t get the experience (visual fidelity, detail and smoothness) with the resolution and FPS stability for the games you play then you need an upgrade.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz