Windows 7 Professional - 64bit
Video Card
(Onboard) Nvidia GeForce 9100
Nvidia GT 430
Ram
8gb DDR2 (4x 2gb)
Power Supply
430w
Computer turns off (no BSOD, just powers off) about a minute after loading windows 7 normally
Computer will run fine in safe mode, even under load, with no shutoffs
I removed the video card and re-plugged all motherboard power, running off onboard graphics
Ran Memtest with no issues on Ram
Fans run fine, and replaced the thermal paste on the CPU, so I don’t think it's overheating.
Computer will turn off while attempting to boot from Linux boot CD, even with main HDD removed
It seems to me that it has to be a hardware issue given it won’t even boot from a CD, but the fact that it runs just fine in win7 safe mode makes me doubt it could be the CPU or PSU.

It's a very old computer used only as a media device, but the puzzle of what is wrong has me stumped.

First off, please change your lext color. It is near impossible to read under dark mode. (EDIT, not sure if it was a bug, you changed it, or a mod did. But your text is normal now, so disregard this)

As for your issue, it sounds like a hardware failure for sure. When it powers off do the fans spin up or does it just go dead?

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

How many times have you run it in safe mode? Sounds like a fluke one off thing. I kinda doubt it is but honestly these symptoms are odd af. Does it BSOD or just off instantly. Download mem test and give it a run (if it loads) maybe a fault ram stick thats particular? Sadly after that my only suggestion is a psu switch (im assuming its easier to test a new psu then a new cpu and mobo).

Fans spin when it powers on, it reaches windows and works normal for about a minute, powers off, fans spin to a stop.

Runs in safe mode 100% of the time with no issues, even when running CPU stress tests.

Memtest ran and has no faults.

No BSOD, just shuts off immediately like the power switch was flipped. Does so even when trying to boot from CD with no windows hard drive connected to the computer.

1 hour ago, Mayson said:

Fans spin when it powers on, it reaches windows and works normal for about a minute, powers off, fans spin to a stop.

Runs in safe mode 100% of the time with no issues, even when running CPU stress tests.

Memtest ran and has no faults.

No BSOD, just shuts off immediately like the power switch was flipped. Does so even when trying to boot from CD with no windows hard drive connected to the computer.

Then can't we narrow it down to something that Safe Mode doesn't run and Windows 7 normally does?

Personal Righttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/yZrNKB

Steam Caching / Home Media Serverhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/JNx4r6

10 hours ago, quiprr said:

Then can't we narrow it down to something that Safe Mode doesn't run and Windows 7 normally does?

That was my thought too, a driver issue or some program, but it wouldn't explain crashing while booting from a Linux CD with no windows 7 drive in the machine right?