Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HelpISuck

Again. HelpISuck

Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay so I bought a 4 pin to 8 pin adapter thing for my rx 570. It doesnt fit. And when i try to remove it from the adapter, it won't budge. Help, I suck. And how do I power my card?

IMG_20190625_102829.jpg

IMG_20190625_102808.jpg

8 pin EPS is for the CPU, it is not the same thing as 8 pin PCIe.

Plug that into your graphics card and you will fry it.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

8 pin EPS is for the CPU, it is not the same thing as 8 pin PCIe.

Plug that into your graphics card and you will fry it.

Where do I find the PCIe one?

4 minutes ago, HelpISuck said:

Where do I find the PCIe one?

Well, you either have 6 or 6+2 pin PCIe cables coming out of your power supply, or you don't.

If you don't that means you need to buy a new power supply before you burn down your house trying to power a graphics card ith an underpowered chinese PSU.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

HAHAHAHH

Just now, Enderman said:

Well, you either have 6 or 6+2 pin PCIe cables coming out of your power supply, or you don't.

If you don't that means you need to buy a new power supply before you burn down your house trying to power a graphics card ith an underpowered chinese PSU.

HAHAHAHAH TRU TRU OKOK

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Um one last thing. I have an i5 7400 and an rx 570 what psu should i get?

What PSU do you have currently? What Motherboard do you have.

CPU Ryzen 3600, MB MSI MEG Ace x570, RAM Corsair Vengence Pro 32gb @ 3200 mhz, Custom Loop, Thermal Take Core P5 TG, GPU EVGA RTX2080 Ti XC  PC Part Picker list for complete build https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/j86vTB