Corsair case for Hydro X series watercooling build.

Hi,

i would like to swap my old carbide 300r case. I am quite a beginner in custom watercooling world, but after i saw Linus Weird Off-Brand Motherboard video, i've decided to give it a try. Here is a list of HW i am going to work with:

CPU: intel Core i9-9900K

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti OC

RAM: HyperX Predator (4x)

PSU: Corsair RM 850X (All white - include cables)

HDD: 2x M.2 on MOBO and 2x 2.5' SATA SSD

As you can see, most of my parts are black or white so my idea is to build black & white themed build with CPU and GPU waterblocks, reservoir/pump combo, clear softtubing and white (with tint of blue) RGB light. 

Which Corsair case would you recommend me for this build, that fits all my HW and Hydro X watercooling?

P.s.: I have already searched Corsair websites and their configurator, but they have so many cases in offer and i would like some recommendation from first hand watercooling builders (ease of build, thermals, troubleshooting, etc,...)

18 hours ago, wolf1438 said:

P.s.: I have already searched Corsair websites and their configurator, but they have so many cases in offer and i would like some recommendation from first hand watercooling builders (ease of build, thermals, troubleshooting, etc,...)

I guess that kinda depends on what radiators are you going to be using. Are you going to be using dual 360 rads? A 360 and a 240?

Personally if I had to pick a Corsair case for watercooling/show build, it would be the 500D. However I have no custom watercooling experience (yet) so take that for what you will.

@Corsair Nick

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I would have to agree the 500D is probably the best case for water cooling support. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I would have to agree the 500D is probably the best case for water cooling support. 

Yeah me too. I found this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnmIGnZaFK8 just instead of 500D RGB SE i will use regular 500D and ofc softtubing with 240 on top and 360 on front Also i would like to use raised GPU configuration for showcase. Unluckily the Corsair ran out of ROG STRIX RTX 2080Ti GPU waterblocks, so i have to wait 3 weeks to restock supplies. The second option would be Crystal 680x case. At the begining it was priced 250€ and now i found great deal at amazon with discount  just around 190€

Corsair 500D and 680X are both good candidates for custom loops.  I don't have any photos yet of a 500D with Hydro X components, but we did have a 680X build at Computex for the Hydro X launch.  Sorry, not the best photo, but kinda gives you an idea.  The pump and res are in the back chamber.

SCO01826.thumb.JPG.1022aec7e8db740470b3563f9eebc130.JPG  S

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

But why Corsair? Lianli 011 Dynamic is far nicer than whatever Corsair can offer

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

13 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

But why Corsair? Lianli 011 Dynamic is far nicer than whatever Corsair can offer

Yeah i saw reviews, etc. But there is on big problem with their revolutionary right sided mounted radiator. I have build in desk table with clearance on the left side. If i put the case on the floor, the right side of Lianli case with exhaust will be blocked by the left table wall. If i put it on the desk, all that hot air in these hot summer days will be blowing directly to my face. So no, thanks.

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

Corsair 500D and 680X are both good candidates for custom loops.  I don't have any photos yet of a 500D with Hydro X components, but we did have a 680X build at Computex for the Hydro X launch.  Sorry, not the best photo, but kinda gives you an idea.  The pump and res are in the back chamber.

Thanks, are those 240 or 280 mm rads? I can't see clearly from the picture. Also i have some questions about this particular case and build configurator. Here is a conig code: 7fZDj8. When i clicked on the build guide, it shows configuration with 3 radiators so its kind of misleading. Also I saw water pump attached to the back of the front cover. Are there some mounting points for included water pump holder rails? I saw how to video where they mount pump to the radiator. Also in build guide they recommend to use 280 mm rads. The think is i got a plenty of ML 120 PRO fans so if i use 240 instead of 280 would it be sufficient for cooling? In this particular case i would like to use top and bottom 240 rads with ML 120 PRO exhaust fans, 3x LL120 RGB as intake fans and 1 ML 120 as back exhaust/intake fan and put 2 RGB strips on top and the bottom of case corners. Also from the picture, when i use bottom rad with fans, is it still possible to mount gpu in vertical orientation? Is there enough clearence for PCI riser?

Checked with our system builder that worked on that build for Computex, and he provided the following details:

1. In the 680X build we used 280mm radiators.

2. There is mounting holes behind the frontpanel on the 680X so you do not have to mount it to a radiator.

3. Two 240mm radiators will work fine for CPU-GPU-GPU.

4. With a radiator in the bottom there will not be space for vertical GPU.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 6/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, Corsair Nick said:

SCO01826.thumb.JPG.1022aec7e8db740470b3563f9eebc130.JPG  S

Oooooooooh weee!  That looks good!

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

• 4 weeks later...

So today i have finished the Corsair Hydro X build witch Crystal x680 case and here is the result. I had to swap Corsair GPU waterblock with EK Vector, because Corsair still has no stock for ROG Strix RTX GPU.

20190721_222720.jpg