Issues with Unifi L3 adoption

TubsAlwaysWins

So I am working on moving 3 devices (2 150W 8 port Unifi Switches and 1 AP Pro) onto a off-site unifi controller. Two of the switches are currently being managed by an on-site controller, while the AP is unmanaged and waiting adoption. Right now I am focused on getting the AP Pro adopted, so lets start there. I cannot get it to show up on my off-site controller, however my on-site controller can see it. I can both SSH into it with putty, or using the Unifi Chrome extension I can view that it is there and then issue the L3 adoption command. What am I doing wrong here? My first thoughts are that A. its something weird with my IP addresses - The network here uses a 192.168.85.x/24 scheme and the AP defaults to 192.168.1.20 (I cannot SSH into it without changing my IP range to a 192.168.1.X), or B. there are more devices with the same IP and that is causing conflict (One of the 150W switches has decided not to reply to the controller and use the same IP (Ill reset it later today), and a AP-Lite that is also managed by that off-site controller has done the same thing. Thoughts? Am I issuing the set-inform command wrong? (I use set-inform http://myiphere:8080/inform)

Thanks!

Breaking things 1 day at a time

The AP has to have internet access in order to reach the offsite controller. The fact that it is using 192.168.1.20 means that for some reason it isn’t getting an iP via DHCP. Try manually updating its firmware, and defaulting it. You can upgrade the firmware via your onsite controller without adopting it.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

1 hour ago, brwainer said:

The AP has to have internet access in order to reach the offsite controller. The fact that it is using 192.168.1.20 means that for some reason it isn’t getting an iP via DHCP. Try manually updating its firmware, and defaulting it. You can upgrade the firmware via your onsite controller without adopting it.

I mean we have almost run out of DHCP leases too so that could be it... (Getting that fixed hopefully this week too).

Ill try it and let you know

23 hours ago, brwainer said:

I gave up on the AP for now and am moving onto my switch... Switch has an IP but i cannot get it to appear on my controller. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I gave up on the AP for now and am moving onto my switch... Switch has an IP but i cannot get it to appear on my controller. Thoughts?

From the switch, can you ping the controller?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

On 6/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, brwainer said:

From the switch, can you ping the controller?

Yep the switch could ping the controller. I called up someone else on the controller, and as soon as they logged in, it popped up. Thoughts?

I think the only difference between him and I on the controller is he is a Super Admin and I am just a normal admin (Says I have adoption privileges) - Also now Im trying to get that AP adopted with the same issue.